Trophy WW1 (2 Viewers)

Hicks Attwell also made a Nile River Boat. Lawrence has one. Were these official Trophy collaborations. Did he get special figures commissioned or did he just put some appropriate Trophy figures in the boat or train.

Hicks also made a Boxer Steamer for Trophy which I have!

Tom

Hicks also made a Boxer Steamer for Trophy which I have!

Tom

Hicks has never officially collaborated with Trophy, Jim H. or anybody else as far as I know. He just made his "stuff" and populated it with regular Trophy figures which was obvious and cheap choice at that time :)
I personally owned /sold two types of boats, an Arab dhow, and two types of trains made by him. I probably still have their pictures in my archive and I will dig them out when time permits.
Al

So where are the photos?:smile2:

Gosh, you guys want everything. Seriously, just picked it up at VF, need to unpack it and photo it. It is a charming piece, not perfect by any means, but I like boats!

Once I finally get off the road, will try to get some photos.

TD

These is Hicks's Arab dhow, I had two of them but sold both of them.
Al

Attachments

• s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 271
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 288
This is a small gunboat. The big one was pretty much the same like the one Lawrence has.
Al

474793332_o.jpg

474793361_o.jpg

These are the pictures of the Sudan war train including Tel-El-Kebir train station (from my archive), I traded them out in a while ago. The one I still have is a bit nicer ^&cool I will post its pictures promptly.
Al

su2.jpgsu3.jpgsu4.jpg

These are the pictures of the Sudan war train including Tel-El-Kebir train station (from my archive), I traded them out in a while ago. The one I still have is a bit nicer ^&cool I will post its pictures promptly.
Al

View attachment 69308View attachment 69309View attachment 69310

I love the Sudan War Train. My son's is the Boer War train, and doesn't have a train station. If you ever want to sell or trade the Sudan Train and Station you still have, let me know.:wink2:

Who was or is Hicks Atwell? Any information would be useful. There really needs to be a book about Trophy and the Trophy dealers in the US and UK.
Jim Hillstead wrote a great article about Trophy in one of the magazines a few years ago. He usually posts pdf's of his articles on his website but I am not sure if he has posted the Trophy one.

i love the sudan war train. My son's is the boer war train, and doesn't have a train station. If you ever want to sell or trade the sudan train and station you still have, let me know.:wink2:
hi al, skip the call to louis, i will pay more

i love the sudan war train. My son's is the boer war train, and doesn't have a train station. If you ever want to sell or trade the sudan train and station you still have, let me know.:wink2:

just joshing louis, although you never know. It's a fabulous piece

Who was or is Hicks Atwell? Any information would be useful. There really needs to be a book about Trophy and the Trophy dealers in the US and UK.
Jim Hillstead wrote a great article about Trophy in one of the magazines a few years ago. He usually posts pdf's of his articles on his website but I am not sure if he has posted the Trophy one.
Hicks Attwell was a hobbiest from Boston, MA and he passed away about 10 years ago. He made gunboats, trains, huts for fun and never made them in production numbers.

Yes, we need a Trophy reference and honestly I have been working on my Trophy web site for a while... it is not ready yet but will be soon (I hope)... then I think we will be able to populate it with pictures and other data with kind help from Trophy fellow collectors :smile2: The information on web site is easy to update and modify so it would be my preference to the Trophy book which would be obsolete the day you publish it ^&grin

I already have talked almost with every Trophy dealer in the US (with exception a few dealers including Mike Laeding , we just exchanged a few e-mails) and collected from them a lot of "Trophy references" ( close to 800 pages) and many many interesting stories...all this information will be available at the web site when it's ready...

The UK dealers is a different story, they are out my reach so far , so I hope that our fellow collectors from the UK can help :p

I have Jim's article on Trophy and I can scan and post it in my gallery if somebody interested.

Al

Hicks Attwell was a hobbiest from Boston, MA and he passed away about 10 years ago. He made gunboats, trains, huts for fun and never made them in production numbers.

Yes, we need a Trophy reference and honestly I have been working on my Trophy web site for a while... it is not ready yet but will be soon (I hope)... then I think we will be able to populate it with pictures and other data with kind help from Trophy fellow collectors :smile2: The information on web site is easy to update and modify so it would be my preference to the Trophy book which would be obsolete the day you publish it ^&grin

I already have talked almost with every Trophy dealer in the US (with exception a few dealers including Mike Laeding , we just exchanged a few e-mails) and collected from them a lot of "Trophy references" ( close to 800 pages) and many many interesting stories...all this information will be available at the web site when it's ready...

The UK dealers is a different story, they are out my reach so far , so I hope that our fellow collectors from the UK can help :p

I have Jim's article on Trophy and I can scan and post it in my gallery if somebody interested.

Al

That is very interesting. You deserve some sort of civic award for your efforts. Truly you do. A website would be better than a book as you can update it. I would be very interested in a PDF of the Trophy article.
Thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back