Walking Dead (WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) (4 Viewers)

Re: Walking Dead

Since all we have are guesses now, as I was watching the show last night, I was wondering how long I would have survived in such a world and I don't think it would have been very long. What say you?
Zombie apocalypse = no MLB. No thank you. I'd just open my door and say "DIN-DIN!". ^&grin -- Al

That's my next point. Who wants to live in that kind of world. You can hardly blame Carol.

I have just seen the episode this morning ...............

Negan kill ! Kill Negan . But I think it will take more than one season to do that, perhaps with the help of the new tribe Carol is now with .
178 days to wait
Meanwhile " Fear the Walking dead" is coming; Aug 23 .

Remember, zombie fans, that Fear the Walking Dead starts next Sunday, April 10, in place of WD. -- Al

The writers have wimped out a bit on this show. It's understandable when so much time is invested in a character. I read that in the comic books - spoiler - Glenn is the person who gets it. But I think the writers know that and will pick someone else. That Aaron guy has person in the red shirt written all over him. Probably better than even odds he is a goner. Maybe they take Sasha or the other woman but I would be mightily surprised if any of the main characters are dead.

I've never seen that show. Worth the time?
Brad, the show takes place in LA just as the plague is starting up. It goes slowly, building from isolated incidents to more numerous incidents and the reactions from disbelief and shock to realizing there might be a problem. It is an Ok show, though not as good as WD, at least not yet, IMO. This new season should step up the action some and will also further develop the characters, which so far haven't really been all that easy to like. -- Al

Brad, the show takes place in LA just as the plague is starting up. It goes slowly, building from isolated incidents to more numerous incidents and the reactions from disbelief and shock to realizing there might be a problem. It is an Ok show, though not as good as WD, at least not yet, IMO. This new season should step up the action some and will also further develop the characters, which so far haven't really been all that easy to like. -- Al

It looks like an interesting change of pace to set this upcoming season on a boat. George Romero had some of his zombie survivors heading out to sea to an island. I agree that the first season dragged a bit. The most likable character was a former torturer from South America which says a good deal about how boring the others are.

I have just seen the episode this morning ...............

Negan kill ! Kill Negan . But I think it will take more than one season to do that, perhaps with the help of the new tribe Carol is now with .
178 days to wait
Meanwhile " Fear the Walking dead" is coming; Aug 23 .

In the book, Negan is still alive, some 35 issues later...:(Michael

I think they might lose too much of their audience if they knock off Darryl, he'd be up there with Rick and a few others when it comes to popularity. I really don't think they are brave enough to remove a core member just yet, but then again?

Like some of you have suggested things are looking a little predictable with the next season. I haven't read any of the books or bothered to go online looking for reviews etc, but it seems inevitable now that a major show-down between the Saviours and the other 3x groups is likely if they want to survive.

I could imagine the bulk of the next season will be getting the three groups to work togther. This could explain Carol going walk-about with Morgan in tow, now that they have made contact with the Horse group or whatever name they use.

Just some thoughts?

The horsemen are "The Kingdom"..based on a feudal system of government. They are good guys and you get a cookie for the upcoming war...Michael

Negan may be evil but at least he didn't use the "N-word" in Eeny Meeny Miney.

Anyone else watching FtWD? I just watched the 2nd season premier and I still find myself irritated by several of the main characters. I like the boat owner, Strand, as he seems to have accepted the situation, even if he has ulterior motives and I like the Ruben Blades character. But all the others are annoying, especially those DA teens who like to go swimming. I'll keep watching to see how this all develops, for a while anyway. -- Al

I watched it too and I agree with you Al.Starting April 24th though I will watch it On Demand as that is when Game of Thrones start.
Mark

Anyone else watching FtWD? I just watched the 2nd season premier and I still find myself irritated by several of the main characters. I like the boat owner, Strand, as he seems to have accepted the situation, even if he has ulterior motives and I like the Ruben Blades character. But all the others are annoying, especially those DA teens who like to go swimming. I'll keep watching to see how this all develops, for a while anyway. -- Al

Has it started already, gee that was quick.

It pays not to get to attached to these characters just yet, as I can imagine most will end up Zombie-fied real soon.{eek3}

Im a TWD fan but FTWD is really turning out to be a terrible show. Most of the major characters are utterly unlikable. The story line is uninteresting and any moments of tension seem contrived. Im still watching but probably not much longer.

I'm not getting this whole zombies in the water thing in FtWD. In WD, zombies can't deal with water and yet in FtWD, they are wading into the ocean and even swimming in it. Maybe the west coast zombies are more adaptable to the ocean, having lived at the beach or close to it.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I'm not getting this whole zombies in the water thing in FtWD. In WD, zombies can't deal with water and yet in FtWD, they are wading into the ocean and even swimming in it. Maybe the west coast zombies are more adaptable to the ocean, having lived at the beach or close to it.:rolleyes2: -- Al

I'm with you Al, I still can't make out why the boat was stopped in the first place and why on earth would you go for a swim, especially when you're all about to enjoy an eel meal.^&confuse

The guy on Talking Dead said that since this is the beginning the zombies may retain a sense of their humanity.:rolleyes2:

Mark

It was about what I expected. I don't care for the mom and dad figures on the show. Particularly the dad who is downright irritating. But zombies in the ocean is at least something new. Charlie may not surf but I guess zombies do. I had no clue what was going on at the beginning on the beach having forgotten just about everything from season one. It looked like the evacuation of Dunkirk.

The 'shorts' of the next episode look interesting, with a plane crash etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back