What else do you collect beside toy soldiers (1 Viewer)

.Louis, I can't get over what a fantastic find this is. Love the photos of the officer in his uniforms, which you now own. A true coup for a collector. -- Al

Thanks Dave and Al! :smile2:

I found it on ebay, believe it or not. The seller had a pretty reasonable, but above my budget, "buy-it-now", but also accepted best offers. I offered what I could afford to spend, about 1/3 of what he was asking, and to my pleasant surprise, he accepted the offer!^&cool

Another cool e-bay find: a Japanese Model 1894 Full Dress Uniform with the original hat box and epaulette case:

Attachments

• Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform6.jpg
    Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 234
  • Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform8.jpg
    Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform8.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 282
  • Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform10.jpg
    Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform10.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 267
Looks like its time to open your official museum!

Well its not official, Rich, but on Veterans' Day it will be hosting a reception for attendees of the Ceremony where we dedicate the Village's Veterans' Memorial. You should come!:smile2:

Recently picked up a WWI German Medical Officer's Overcoat, a WWI German Officer's leather document case, a WWI German Infantryman's back pack (photos of all to follow upon receipt), but this really took the cake, a Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper made between 1913 and 1938:

Attachments

• Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 1.jpg
    Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 252
  • Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 2.jpg
    Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 243
  • Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 3.jpg
    Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 289
  • Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 4.jpg
    Steiff Norwegian Ski Trooper 4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 236
Man Louis, you find some really unique items don't you? That little ski guy is something else!

John from Texas

Here are some shots of the WWI German Feldgrau Officer's Greatcoat with Officer's Leather Pouch and Feldmutz Cap, the WWI German Infantryman's Backpack, and the Model 1895 Japanese Full Dress Uniform (note the real 15th Century Katana), all in situ:

Attachments

• German FeldGrau Officer's Coat, Leather Pouch and Feldmutz Cap.jpg
    German FeldGrau Officer's Coat, Leather Pouch and Feldmutz Cap.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 171
  • German WWI Backpack.jpg
    German WWI Backpack.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 169
  • Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform11.jpg
    Japanese Model 1894 Dress Uniform11.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 167
Louis!
You continue to amaze me, just astounding finds. CONGRATS!
Tom

Louis!
You continue to amaze me, just astounding finds. CONGRATS!
Tom

Thanks Tom! :smile2: I'm going to be showing the collection to a scout troop on November 11th (the 100 anniversary of the end of WWI) after we dedicate a Veteran's Memorial they raised the money for.^&cool

Louis, how about some pics of the sword, blade, handle and guard? Is it still sharp after 500 years? Neat stuff.

I finally got the 14th New York Volunteers (Brooklyn Chasseurs) WWI Regimental Standard hanging in my collection:

Attachments

• 14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color 5.jpg
    14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color 5.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,096
  • 14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color 6.jpg
    14th Brooklyn WWI Regimental Color 6.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 286
Picked up a WWI U.S. Captain's Tunic, with insignia, metal ribbons and Sam Browne Belt, as well as a late-19th Century German Cavarlyman's Tunic (hunter green with dunkelblau facings) and matching cap. Photographs to follow.

I'm definitely running short on space, my friend!:smile2:
Louis, I'm thinking it's time to break ground on a new wing for your Militaria... glass display cases, UV lighting, the whole works. Get 'er done.^&grin -- Al

Louis, I'm thinking it's time to break ground on a new wing for your Militaria... glass display cases, UV lighting, the whole works. Get 'er done.^&grin -- Al

Sure Al, as long as you are buying . . . {sm4}

I haven't come across any new militaria for a while, when tonight I finally stumbled across a French Model 1914 Double Breasted Infantry Tunic with a very reasonable buy it now:

Attachments

• French Model 1914 Double Breasted Tunic.jpg
    French Model 1914 Double Breasted Tunic.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 218
  • French Model 1914 Double Breasted Tunic 2.jpg
    French Model 1914 Double Breasted Tunic 2.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 243
Another fun and remarkably affordable find: a WWI French Spahi Cap:

Attachments

• WWI French Spahi Cap.jpg
    WWI French Spahi Cap.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 177