What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Added a new KC/RAF firetruck to the BoB display:

RAF_Fire_Truck.jpg

IMG_4273.jpg

Nice accent piece with some other sets in the range:

IMG_4282.jpg

-Moe

Picked up 3 items from my local K&C dealer yesterday.....

This is two of them....

JN002.JPG

JN004.JPG

(I will take the picture of the 3rd piece tomorrow as this item is huge and need more light/daylight for a nice shot {sm4} - stay tuned )

Received an "Erk" in the mail this morning:

Production_Starter_Cart.jpg

The starter cart is actually a better bit than I had assumed that it would be. The set has taken its place in my BoB display. Throw in a Spitfire model from "brand-x" and the setup is all but complete (for now):

Production_Spitfire_Base_2.jpg

-Moe

Just received my Imperial Crimean War Don Cossack Lancers..
(almost returned them as they couldn't stand due to being bent up as result of most awful wrapping & packing)

models toy soldiers cotlb Don Cossack Lancers 1.jpg

Received a belated Christmas present from my wife. The pigeon handler. Great looking fig. Sorry about the red colored base. Chris

Set of William Britain Life Guards from 1925.
Very nice set. I have two figures from this set that belonged to my father when he was a kid (the 1920's). They are well played with but have long been retired from active service as they reside in my glass door cabinet with the other Britains I inherited from him. -- Al

Set of William Britain Life Guards from 1925.

I presume those figures were in production long before 1925 (when the regiment's title was The Life Guards 1st and 2nd). On the amalgamation of the two regiments the white sheepskin of the Second Life Guards was adopted. Even the box shows this! :)

Martin

Very nice set. I have two figures from this set that belonged to my father when he was a kid (the 1920's). They are well played with but have long been retired from active service as they reside in my glass door cabinet with the other Britains I inherited from him. -- Al

That's great that you have soldiers from when your father was a kid. I'm sure they're your favorite pieces in your collection.

I presume those figures were in production long before 1925 (when the regiment's title was The Life Guards 1st and 2nd). On the amalgamation of the two regiments the white sheepskin of the Second Life Guards was adopted. Even the box shows this! :)

Martin

Yes I believe the Life Guards were the first set produced by Britains in the 1890's. On the box it's labeled set 1.

Anglo Boer War

Horse drawn Ambulance "Tonga" based on a photograph from volume 2 of the Anglo Boer War history "After Pretoria, the Guerilla War" published in 1902

Ambulance driver - Little Legion
Stretcher bearer seated at the rear - Dorset
Ambulance - Adapted from a horse and cart found on Ebay:wink2:
First Aid boxes - Little Legion

Cheers

Martyn:)

I could not resist the Tora Tora line, it will be interesting to see where this lines goes next.

Attachments

• 20150119_195329_resized.jpg
    20150119_195329_resized.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 236
ZuluC

Very nice ... It would be interesting to see how you will display these new acquisitions. Will you try to replicate a "planked flight deck" ?

Bests
OD

ZuluC

Very nice ... It would be interesting to see how you will display these new acquisitions. Will you try to replicate a "planked flight deck" ?

Bests
OD

OD that is the plan but still trying to figure out where this series is going first. The only talk thus far since its release is to add another zero which really does not advance the series. I am in a waiting game to see where it goes, with all K&C recent developments including musket not sure there is resources for everything. For all I know if may become a seasonal add every December to commemorate pearl harbour or a bigger push towards the pacific campaign.

OD that is the plan but still trying to figure out where this series is going first. The only talk thus far since its release is to add another zero which really does not advance the series. I am in a waiting game to see where it goes, with all K&C recent developments including musket not sure there is resources for everything. For all I know if may become a seasonal add every December to commemorate pearl harbour or a bigger push towards the pacific campaign.

Were KC to make "Val" and/or "Kate" bomber-types to accompany it's A6M2 offerings, you'd be looking at some space challenges for a deck display. The D3A1 had a 47ft wingspan, while the B5N2 came in at 50ft. At 1/30, those would be some big birds to accomodate in a mixed, multi-replica diorama. Heck, that's the fun of it, though, right?:D

-Moe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back