What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

Finally I picked up a conte roman galley. Still working on the rigging but otherwise it is getting there. Now I will have to be on the look out for some roman legion figures to man the decks. I hear a painted and unpainted set will soon be appearing on ebay from the same seller as I purchased from mines in a personal transaction if interested... I have put some observations on the galley that I did not know in the Conte section

Attachments

• 20150711_100049_resized.jpg
    20150711_100049_resized.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 20150711_110133_resized.jpg
    20150711_110133_resized.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 20150711_110224_resized.jpg
    20150711_110224_resized.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 254
Finally I picked up a conte roman galley. Still working on the rigging but otherwise it is getting there. Now I will have to be on the look out for some roman legion figures to man the decks. I hear a painted and unpainted set will soon be appearing on ebay from the same seller as I purchased from mines in a personal transaction if interested... I have put some observations on the galley that I did not know in the Conte section

Say what you want but Conte put out some great stuff.
Mark

Jack

Found this video online and thought you would enjoy seeing your set in action
Looking forward to what you come up with.

Randy

Randy

Thanks for that as it will give us something to aim for when we get going. We are novices so it will be a steep learning curve!

Jack

Attachments

• RFC1917.jpg
    RFC1917.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 284
  • EDU7503a.jpg
    EDU7503a.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 282
Jack

If you had a second figure of A you could make stretcher bearers. The last figure on the right could be placed on the stretcher
I believe the figure sets are available separately.
Figure B's cape should be grey with red trim rather then blue and red
If you can get another set you can change the cape to all red on the one from that set

Randy

Attachments

• BachmannWWI.jpg
    BachmannWWI.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 301
Pictures taken with the F18 (same scale)

DSC_35340001_zpsu9ocyyku.jpg

DSC_35370001_zpse0smyyna.jpg

1/18 Ultimate Soldier Marines USMC AH-1W Super Cobra Attack Helicopter

DSC_35120001_zpsnxrt2mzt.jpg

DSC_35150001_zpsiaqlfntb.jpg

Here's a model that doesn't get a lot of love in the USA, Corgi's 1/32 Hurricane VY-R, flown by A.G. "Lew" Lewis. Just arrived today, BTW:

Corgi_Hurri_10.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_9.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_5.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_12.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_CU.jpg

I love this model. It's everything that I want in a diecast model airplane. It's a good replica in it's own right, and it's well-designed and built. The set comes with three figures for a diorama. "Frontline" comes to mind in evaluating them, but it's the model that's the prize. You can't ask for a whole lot more than this in a pre-built, metal model in the $100 range. One more pic for the road:

Corgi_Hurri_10_High.jpg

Didn't want to expose anyone to a "cold-turkey" experience.:wink2:

-Moe

I like the model Moe. It certainly looks better than the 1/30 version produced by other TS company and there are no black lines running across the insignia; And the price is excellent. It's worth the money.

1st Legion 4th I.D. figure.Only pose in the batch I had any interest in was the 48 mm $60.00 feller
kneeling,fixing bayonets.Tiny little bugger (false advertising as his box says 1/30)pretty close to 1/35.
Hey,abnormally I'm a NEN guy(never enough Nazis') but this guy was a hoot.And well not worth the $60
buck tag on 'im.Just love the direction of this hobby.

Here's a model that doesn't get a lot of love in the USA, Corgi's 1/32 Hurricane VY-R, flown by A.G. "Lew" Lewis. Just arrived today, BTW:

Corgi_Hurri_10.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_9.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_5.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_12.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_CU.jpg

I love this model. It's everything that I want in a diecast model airplane. It's a good replica in it's own right, and it's well-designed and built. The set comes with three figures for a diorama. "Frontline" comes to mind in evaluating them, but it's the model that's the prize. You can't ask for a whole lot more than this in a pre-built, metal model in the $100 range. One more pic for the road:

Corgi_Hurri_10_High.jpg

-Moe
My favorite British WW2 aircraft. The Hurri was the workhorse of the RAF. The Spit was the glamourpuss, sort of like the P-51 was when compared to the workhorse P-40 (my favorite USAAC plane). Besides, the Hurri still had fabric on it.:wink2: -- Al

Got these two fine figures this week.
King & Country, Napoleonics, NA123 and NA124, Cantiniere and French Cuirassier Drinking.
Found them in the Treefrog Consignment area.

They make a nice pair for a mainly "non combat" collector.

Konrad

Attachments

• DSCF2585.JPG
    DSCF2585.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 360
  • DSCF2586.JPG
    DSCF2586.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 365
Just picked these up from my shop in Brisbane as a continuation of a new range while I take a breather from Naps and WW1. Stand by for a couple of bad puns using the words 'elephant' and 'trunk'.

CS00633POP.jpg

fighter-elephant.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_CU.jpg

Corgi_Hurri_10_High.jpg

-Moe

Great model Moe. Love the use of plastic for landing and wing tip lights and of course moveable flight control surfaces and wheels. Advantage: Corgi. :wink2: Chris

Great model Moe. Love the use of plastic for landing and wing tip lights and of course moveable flight control surfaces and wheels. Advantage: Corgi. :wink2: Chris

Thanks Chris,

Simply can't resist spotting you a pic of a real one:

TF_Hurricane_1360.jpg

-Moe

Great shot Moe. Looks like the crew chief forgot to stow the foot stirrup after the pilot climbed aboard. :wink2: Chris

Hi Chris,

The stirrup is an interesting detail. I like it because it imparts a unique quality to the model

However...the thing has some thoroughly discreet mechanical functions. It was attached to a spring-loaded hand-hold that's rendered in the fuselage pic of the Hurri that I'll post directly below:

Corgi_Hurri_CU.jpg

The simulated "hand hold" is directly above the stirrup, BTW, and is molded into the Corgi model as shown. But, here's the deal. Sure the stirrup would deploy when pilot or ground-crew grabbed the hand-hold. However, the stirrup would subsequently retract when the mechanism was released by whoever was mounting the wing. Don't know why the pic that I posted depicts the aircraft with the stirrup extended. It simply didn't work that way.:eek:

-Moe

EGYPTIAN WAR 1882

Nubian soldiers from ARABI PASHA'S FORCES

All TROPHY OF WALES

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back