What Toy Soldier items Have You Acquired in The Last 2 Weeks ? (2 Viewers)

I've recently received the last set of this 7 Years War Band from Treefrog Treasures.

Beau Geste BG302
Military Band, Saxon Leibgrenadier Guards, 1756-61
LAST SET!!

saxband.jpg

I am planning to cast from Prince August Prussian moulds an officer, colours and guardsmen to build a bigger parade, and paint them in matching gloss style like Beau Geste.

They were in the 'Sale Items' so I'll be keeping a bigger lookout posted there just in case more bargains arise.

John

Re: French Foreign Legion .....New album and group has been created

For years I have been looking for French Foreign Legion sets to add to my collection.....and for years I had to drop the project, either because all that I could reach out to were nicely sculpted Legionnaires marching - as in March or Die - or they were playing instruments in a band......nothing against that at all, but I wanted some action;)^&grin:eek:{sm4}{sm0} so I turned to the old Britains but, they were ok for the 1960's but too toy like...Then came a host of other manufacturers that looked too goofy and last the great Thomas Gunn Miniatures....great sets ( some minor historical hiccups but great sets..
Then last year I started to cook up an idea with my great friend Obee - and we finally got something going....After a lot of e-mailing and discussing the correct period, uniforms, weapons etc.....being side tracked by other projects I would send him, you name it!!.....finally the FFL Platoon I considered ideal is gradually coming to be...
These are a few photos of some of the sets...not all have arrived ...
These little guys travel a lot....they start their lives in the UK, come to Brazil and then over to Australia were Obee gives them life....{sm0}:salute::^&grin then back to Brazil.....wish I could have some of their frequent flyer miles.....
I will be gradually posting pictures of the sets as they arrive. Later more elaborate dios will sure to come....

If you enjoy FFL and wish to share pictures I have opened a group for that, free to all manufacturers, styles and periods.....A great fighting force such as the Legion needed such a special spot....

Best ever set made before..magnifient face details like porcelean baby.now my all scalas for painting changed..you are so lucky ,admired:(..wish to be a French collector..regards
Cem

For years I have been looking for French Foreign Legion sets to add to my collection.....and for years I had to drop the project, either because all that I could reach out to were nicely sculpted Legionnaires marching - as in March or Die - or they were playing instruments in a band......nothing against that at all, but I wanted some action;)^&grin:eek:{sm4}{sm0} so I turned to the old Britains but, they were ok for the 1960's but too toy like...Then came a host of other manufacturers that looked too goofy and last the great Thomas Gunn Miniatures....great sets ( some minor historical hiccups but great sets..
Then last year I started to cook up an idea with my great friend Obee - and we finally got something going....After a lot of e-mailing and discussing the correct period, uniforms, weapons etc.....being side tracked by other projects I would send him, you name it!!.....finally the FFL Platoon I considered ideal is gradually coming to be...
These are a few photos of some of the sets...not all have arrived ...
These little guys travel a lot....they start their lives in the UK, come to Brazil and then over to Australia were Obee gives them life....{sm0}:salute::^&grin then back to Brazil.....wish I could have some of their frequent flyer miles.....
I will be gradually posting pictures of the sets as they arrive. Later more elaborate dios will sure to come....

If you enjoy FFL and wish to share pictures I have opened a group for that, free to all manufacturers, styles and periods.....A great fighting force such as the Legion needed such a special spot....
Dear friend, now changed my nick name to Turk_Crazy after seeing your new FFL platoon and the story for it..i have been not travelling but paid a fortune to many ateliers for having a such beauty of yours..WHO is the maker? i don't think CORGI?regards Cem:salute::

Dear friend, now changed my nick name to Turk_Crazy after seeing your new FFL platoon and the story for it..i have been not travelling but paid a fortune to many ateliers for having a such beauty of yours..WHO is the maker? i don't think CORGI?regards Cem:salute::

Dear Cem,
Thnaks for the note.
The sets are scale link from the UK and the master assembly and painting were provided by Obee ( co forum member ). The quality of the assembly and painting talk fro themselves....
More to come, a platoon firing and reloading and an artillery squad manning a 75 filed gun.
Cheers
Luiz aka Artillery_Crazy

The link for checking the available kits to help building your own battalion is www.scalelink.co.uk under the section Grande Guerre - French Army.

Picked these up today on a flying visit to my TS shop. Slipped in at 11.45 for a few minutes and left at 1.45 so where does the time go? These are good value figures and will go well with my TG Rumpler and a Wingnuts Rumpler which is about to slide off the production line. My TG Japanese tank had just arrived but I have had to put that off to next visit ... assuming my TS dealer doesn't sell it. One was being carried out the door as I came in ( a tank not a TS dealer) but it is carefully hidden in the Napoleon in Egypt dio so it should be safe.

GW014.jpg

Found some Britain brand new in a Toy Shop ( 54mm, plastic ) Serneels in Brussels
If visiting Brussels, visit the shop, a superb selection of Lead Toy Soldiers

see adresses other shops in Brussels
http://www.mirofsoft.com/adresses/ just download the XLS file Magasins / Shops
And .. if you have any adresses to share anywhere, you are welcomes

WR 01.jpgWR-02.jpgWR-03.jpgWR-04.jpg

Just in.... you can't beat these older sets for number of figures and the amount of accessories on the tank - all panels opened up stuffed with crews including a full size commander ! {sm4}

Panther1.jpg

Panther2.jpg

Panther3.jpg

Love Normandy camo on that tank and those grew look great, very useful no doubt to swap around to other tanks in your collection. Yet to find a collector with only one German tank^&grin, Robin.

Rec'd the Hell For Glory set today. Depicts Gen'l Dick Garnett and 18th VA during the assault on Cemetery Hill. Great figs, sculpting and painting are just superb. Garnett's facial features are well done and IMO a perfect rendition. Chris

Just in.... you can't beat these older sets for number of figures and the amount of accessories on the tank - all panels opened up stuffed with crews including a full size commander ! {sm4}

Great pick up mate PANTHERs are like TIGERs you can NEVER have enough......................:salute::

Lots of jg miniatures bushes and trees, couple of their 6x6 road bases. Pre ordered the new king and country arnhem figures and vehicles which should arrive today and german medic with wounded set. Also managed to get an old trophy napoleonic hand to hand set - don't turn your back!

Scott

Just picked this up at my Toy Soldier shop.

Quite a nice piece and perhaps the start of an interesting range.

$T2eC16h,!ygFIjR5zUJiBSdY6or8PQ~~60_12.jpg

Great stuff Marty and im looking forward to when you wack up a dio with the tank in it.

Tom

Great stuff Marty and im looking forward to when you wack up a dio with the tank in it.

Tom

Tom

You would have left the shop today with quite a collection of German armour! Looking forward to those pictures now you have the room at home to set them up. Good to catch up and have a safe trip home to Darwin.

Jack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back