Your 1st car..model, make year (2 Viewers)

First car was in '82 - A 1970 Buick Electra 225, she was quite a boat at a time when smaller cars were in. Needed high octane leaded gasoline ''Ethyl'' to run smooth in the new era of unleaded gas. Needless to say, it pinged a lot and was slow off a stop......but it could really hold the road in those Chicago winters.

A Red 1997 2 door, extended cab Dodge Ram 1500. 2wd. Had my first and only wreck (so far) in that beauty.

First car was in '82 - A 1970 Buick Electra 225, she was quite a boat at a time when smaller cars were in. Needed high octane leaded gasoline ''Ethyl'' to run smooth in the new era of unleaded gas. Needless to say, it pinged a lot and was slow off a stop......but it could really hold the road in those Chicago winters.

Unknown-4.jpeg

Um, umph...Cold Blooded ride Dragoon!

John from Texas

This is a great thread.

The first car I had never went on the road. My mom bought me a 53 Chevy coup to fix up when I was 17. It was a stick 3 speed column shift. I used to back it all the way up to the back fence and kick it in - get to 2nd gear and slam on the brakes before I got to the sidewalk. I'm sure the neighbors thought I was a menace. Too bad I didn't do something with it because it was cute car. The first car I bought was a '68 Camaro RS with the smaller V8 block automatic when i got back from the Navy. It was yellow with black vinyl roof. What a cream puff. But 9 months later I traded it in for a '68 Triumph GT6 fast back hardtop 6 cylinder with 4 speed. That was a ton of fun. It fit the bill for semi competitive fun road rallies that i got involved in on LI. I wish I had pics of these cars.

Joe

Unknown-7.jpeg

Not the right color, but man what a ride!

John from Texas

First car in 1978 was a British racing green '73 MG Midget

The bad... before I knew how to adjust the carborators, I could barely get the car up the hill to my parents house. Cool car, but the electrical system was terrible, and the constant carb adjusting was a pain.

The good, girlfreind loved it!

View attachment 224550
Bruh, man that is clean!!!

John from Texas

That be the one! It was a fun car, lots of memories. I too had a stereo system put in that I am pretty sure was worth more than the car. I forgot, the first car I actually bought was a 1990 Jeep Commanche Pick up. True story, I get the truck with regular tires on it, now that truck was no four wheel drive, it was a 5speed manual with a burning straight 6. It moved. I burned the tires off in about 3 months. ( I bought it used with 14,000 miles on it) When I went to buy new tires, I rednecked it up with 33s (largest it could take with only slight rub on hard turns). It still moved, but no more burning tires. Those tires went for 60,000 miles. Funny thing, truck now is in possession of my parents, they still use it , it has historic tags, it makes a semi annual trip to the "dump". Tough life, I guess it is officially out to pasture, resides quietly in the garage.......................TD

1970 toyota crown deluxe

Attachments

• 1970-Toyota-Crown-S55-03.jpg
    1970-Toyota-Crown-S55-03.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 153
1980 Camaro Z-28....got it in 86....Black Cherry maroon....still have it, 42,000 original milesScan0040.jpg

How about the first car I ever customized? This is, "Black Beauty," the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I just inherited from my wife, when we bought her a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in December. I changed the bumper from the plastic one which comes with the Jeep to a Quadra-Tec 1/4 inch Steel Plate Bumper. I added a grill-protector, D-rings, and Tail Light Protectors. I will be adding a light bar on top of the grill protector, "Willy's" Decals on the sides of the hood, and American Flag Decals above the "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" decals on the back of the fenders, just in front of the front doors, next week. Soon after that, I will be installing a 2 inch lift-kit, steel grips on top of the driver and front passenger doors and all terrain tires. I should say my friends Morgan and Dan will be installing, and I will be handing tools to them as they install, the parts. I'll post more photos as the work continues.

Attachments

• Black Beauty 1.jpg
    Black Beauty 1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Nice Jeep Louis. Wouldn't expect that kind of vehicle in the city. Getting ready for urban warfare?{sm4}

How about the first car I ever customized? This is, "Black Beauty," the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited I just inherited from my wife, when we bought her a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited in December. I changed the bumper from the plastic one which comes with the Jeep to a Quadra-Tec 1/4 inch Steel Plate Bumper. I added a grill-protector, D-rings, and Tail Light Protectors. I will be adding a light bar on top of the grill protector, "Willy's" Decals on the sides of the hood, and American Flag Decals above the "Jeep Wrangler Unlimited" decals on the back of the fenders, just in front of the front doors, next week. Soon after that, I will be installing a 2 inch lift-kit, steel grips on top of the driver and front passenger doors and all terrain tires. I should say my friends Morgan and Dan will be installing, and I will be handing tools to them as they install, the parts. I'll post more photos as the work continues.

mount a gun turret on the roof and you're ready for the Zombie Apocalypse...^&grin

Nice Jeep Louis. Wouldn't expect that kind of vehicle in the city. Getting ready for urban warfare?{sm4}

I don't live in the City. The village I live in, Roslyn Harbor, is about an hour-and-a-half commute to NYC. I get foxes on my front porch, Osprey eating fish out of my neighbors' ponds, red-tail hawks and falcons catching squirrels, chipmunks and songbirds, and even the occasional deer on the local streets. The Jeeps, however, are mostly for the winter weather, although they are occasionally necessary when we go upstate in the summer. Here are some shots of my house (all done up by my kids for Halloween), my backyard (with Sabre, one of my 4 dogs), and my cat Thicket and her friend the fox on our front porch:

Attachments

• House 1.jpg
    House 1.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 223
  • House 2.jpg
    House 2.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Fox & Thickett.jpg
    Fox & Thickett.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back