Britain's American Civil War (3 Viewers)

My my my these vitamins sure are tasty. Another terrific batch of photos Mike. I feel that I may have to dabble in the ACW pretty soon at this rate.

I'm sure you've sent your Reb's off to forage for some mealie to load bags with it. Nice to see you playing again Mike and sharing it with us.

Aw . . . coffee time. Thanks once again; I am trying to "cover all my bases" Michael ;). Scott, hopefully you will find this morning's pic another tasty treat. Haven't found any mealie yet joe, but my foraging team did find some fat back and hard crackers.

Stop and smell the roses

PICT0001-6.jpg

Greetings Mike, I've enjoyed having a look back through your recent morning pics. Some really nice shots in here. :)

MD

Aw . . . coffee time. Thanks once again; I am trying to "cover all my bases" Michael ;). Scott, hopefully you will find this morning's pic another tasty treat. Haven't found any mealie yet joe, but my foraging team did find some fat back and hard crackers.

Stop and smell the roses

PICT0001-6.jpg

Nice shot Mike...the rose bush works well too.

I am glad you stopped by to smell the roses this morning Michael. Dave, I decided to look back through some of my morning photos also. Pulled this one out to have some fun with this afternoon . . . . . . . . Mike

fxf54953a716d1f12c6fa5cd247aa7c9b64.jpg

I spent the last of my "birthday money" on this figure which the post office delivered late this afternoon. It is Wm Britain ACW #31031 Dismounted Cavalry Trooper w/Horse Casualty. Thought I would feature it with my new "Lilac Bush" which was also delivered this evening by way of Ken and Ericka Osen - great work. The backdrop photo is one of the Shenandoah Valley in the spring which I downloaded from the internet . . . . . . . . . Mike

Green grow the lilacs . . . .

ACW79.jpg

Mike,

Nice shot the Lilac bush is a nice touch. It is nice to get a present a week or two after your birthday.

The roses smell great Mike as do the lilac bushes. ANother great set of photos and I like your latest set. I hope perhaps we see a similar offering for the AZW.

Mike your latest additions to your collection and photos look excellent! Thanks for sharing them.

I spent the last of my "birthday money" on this figure which the post office delivered late this afternoon. It is Wm Britain ACW #31031 Dismounted Cavalry Trooper w/Horse Casualty. Thought I would feature it with my new "Lilac Bush" which was also delivered this evening by way of Ken and Ericka Osen - great work. The backdrop photo is one of the Shenandoah Valley in the spring which I downloaded from the internet . . . . . . . . . Mike

Green grow the lilacs . . . .

ACW79.jpg

Another nice additions both the Lilac Bush and your new dismounted Cavalry Trooper Mike and enjoyed the time once again we spent chatting on the phone. Looking forward to what's headed our way next.

Thank you Brian, Scott, Titus and Joe.

One of the six Confederate artillery batteries engaged at Brawner's Farm (August 28, 1862), was the Rockbridge Battery commanded by Captain William T. Paogue. It was a four-gun battery (as were most Confederate batteries) consisting of two 10-pound Parrott rifles, one 12-pound Napoleon, and one 6-pound smoothbore cannon. Here I have tried to duplicate that battery in action. I have used a model of a 3" ordnance gun in place of the 6-pounder. The Napoleon and the 3" ordnance guns are from the Troiani Historical Miniature series and were sculpted by Ken Osen. I saw these at the Chicago OTSN show and purchased them directly from Ken. Now all I need are gun crews for them . . . . . . . . . Mike

Gun #1 ten-pound Parrott
PICT0001-7.jpg

Gun #2 ten-pound Parrott
PICT0002-6.jpg

Guns 3 and 4 Napoleon and 3" ordinance
PICT0004-3.jpg

Infantry support loading their rifles
PICT0003-3.jpg

Aerial view of the four-gun battery
PICT0005-3.jpg

Thought I would relax this morning and "paint" . . . . . . MIke

fx7e96c419d0354403f8a2c512c008f955a.jpg

Thank you Brian, Scott, Titus and Joe.

One of the six Confederate artillery batteries engaged at Brawner's Farm (August 28, 1862), was the Rockbridge Battery commanded by Captain William T. Paogue. It was a four-gun battery (as were most Confederate batteries) consisting of two 10-pound Parrott rifles, one 12-pound Napoleon, and one 6-pound smoothbore cannon. Here I have tried to duplicate that battery in action. I have used a model of a 3" ordnance gun in place of the 6-pounder. The Napoleon and the 3" ordnance guns are from the Troiani Historical Miniature series and were sculpted by Ken Osen. I saw these at the Chicago OTSN show and purchased them directly from Ken. Now all I need are gun crews for them . . . . . . . . . Mike

Gun #1 ten-pound Parrott
PICT0001-7.jpg

Gun #2 ten-pound Parrott
PICT0002-6.jpg

Guns 3 and 4 Napoleon and 3" ordinance
PICT0004-3.jpg

Infantry support loading their rifles
PICT0003-3.jpg

Aerial view of the four-gun battery
PICT0005-3.jpg

Superb pictures Mike

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks Brian, Martyn, and Titus.

As our story unfolds, General Stonewall Jackson is perplexed as to what has happened to the Brawner farmhouse.

"General, according to our maps and local intellegence, the farmhouse should be right there"

PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0002-4.jpg

Are their eyes playing tricks on them? Have the Yankees abducted this dwelling? Is this another example of the "Fog of War"? Perhaps the General and his aide have entered into the Twilight Zone! Stay tuned as the mystery unfolds . . . . . . . . . . Mike

Looking forward to the mystery unfolding Mike and the photos kickoff the mystery very well.

Thanks Brian, Martyn, and Titus.

As our story unfolds, General Stonewall Jackson is perplexed as to what has happened to the Brawner farmhouse.

"General, according to our maps and local intellegence, the farmhouse should be right there"

PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0002-4.jpg

Are their eyes playing tricks on them? Have the Yankees abducted this dwelling? Is this another example of the "Fog of War"? Perhaps the General and his aide have entered into the Twilight Zone! Stay tuned as the mystery unfolds . . . . . . . . . . Mike

Hehehehe....yes I see Rod Sterling in the background.

Great pictures Mike, I'm also looking forward to this story unfolding

Cheers

Martyn:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back