Britain's American Civil War (4 Viewers)

Congrats on the great aquistitions at the show Mistell. I especially like the grass mats and the WB Cav sets. Britains makes great looking horses which often is not the case with other manufacturers.

Mike,
Congrats, on the pickups the mats look great.

Brian

Thanks to all: Scott, LT, John, Titus, Jake, Jeff, Captain, and Brian. Coffee and early morning play :D. Thought I would post a few pictures before I got wrapped up into my day ;) . . . . . . . . . . . . Mike

PICT0001-4.jpg

PICT0002-3.jpg

PICT0003-2.jpg

Great pictures Mike, I knew you would enjoy retirement;)

Cheers

Martyn:)

Thanks Ron, I am glad you like my OTSN acquisitions. Joe and Martyn, you know what is said about self-fulfilling prophocies - you might get what you ask for :D. I think the mornings are going to be my playtime - just seems to go good with my coffee ;)

Here are a few pictures of Stonewall Jackson's "Foot Cavalry"

PICT0001-5.jpg

PICT0002-4.jpg

PICT0003-3.jpg

I like the #1 gunner. He's ramming home with one hand to preserve his other hand if the #3 gunner with the thumbstall fails in his job. You see artillery reenactors today doing the period drill this way. Nice photos and nice figures.

Congratulations, Mike. Incredible aquisition and fantastic photos. What a versatile terrain combination.

Joe

Enjoy the time we spent on the phone this AM Mike and thanks for your take on the show and hints of what's headed our way in the future. I can see why your having so much fun with what you came home from the show with. Great new batch of photos and thanks for sharing them with us....Joe

DSCN6309.jpg

Well Mike, I guess these figures are a natural on the road eh? I took these images this morning too.

Well I see the "tobacco field" didn't sell at the show - that really surprises me. Great photography work. Great looking backdrop too - helps make a big difference in "making" the picture. I've started on a backdrop today - I got a 2' x 4' piece of masonite hardboard as you suggested and I have it painted with flat white primer. Tomorrow I plan to get the Zenith Blue and white paint at Sherwin-Williams. I'll probably end up calling you for some tutorial help.

Mike

Mike, way cool!:cool: Extremely jealous!:eek: Now, go push those d#mn Billy Yanks out of Virginia!:D;):eek:

Vick

Well I see the "tobacco field" didn't sell at the show - that really surprises me. Great photography work. Great looking backdrop too - helps make a big difference in "making" the picture. I've started on a backdrop today - I got a 2' x 4' piece of masonite hardboard as you suggested and I have it painted with flat white primer. Tomorrow I plan to get the Zenith Blue and white paint at Sherwin-Williams. I'll probably end up calling you for some tutorial help.

Mike

Feel free to call Mike... The "Tobacco Road" did in fact sell, and Ericka boxed it up and shipped it out today. I really try to get images of as many peices of our work as I can to add to our growing album.
The one flaw in our marketing style is that many of the folks that buy the larger dioramas fly in to the Chicago show.
This requires that we bring the dioramas back home to properly pack and safely ship them. We ended up having only two shelf dios unsold and one of these may be sold soon. We had a great show and only wish we had more time to chat with everyone.
Ken

Trying to show the scenic detail around the trough area of the springhouse - these pictures still don't do it justice. Here's a young rebel that's decided to soak his weary feet and quinch his thirst . . . . . . Mike

PICT0001-6.jpg

PICT0002-5.jpg

PICT0003-4.jpg

PICT0004-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back