Britain's Zulu War (6 Viewers)

Great looking scene with your new buildings Joe. Excellent way to start my day, cup of coffee and viewing a great dio. Happy Labor Day. Chris

Thanks Chris the buildings are not new I've had them for years and featued in many of my Zulu War photo diorams throughout the forum.

This series of attacks on the Commissary Storehouse including the Kraal comes to an end......The Lt.

2003.jpg

2006.jpg

2007.jpg

2008.jpg

3002.jpg

3003.jpg

3004.jpg

3005.jpg

Excellent pictures Joe {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}

Your pictures got me into collecting WB Zulu sets in a big way, cost me a fortune but I ain't complaining :wink2: ^&grin :salute::

I'd love the space to set out my Rorke's Drift Mission Station as per yours

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

As always Joe, a very nice series of photos of your very nicely staged AZW collection . . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Once the last drop from the kwaJim udder has been milked(!) will you all as collectors of the Zulu range continue to support it through iSandlwana and possibly Ulundi or is it Rorke's Drift and then move on to something else?

No sinister motive behind the question just wondering whether other peoples interest in the subject goes beyond the most famous set piece action from the campaign.

As someone who immersed myself in the subject for almost 25 years it was iSandlwana rather than kwaJim that drew me in.

Joe...those are great pictures of your Rorke's Drift display...you have a fantastic collection...

Once the last drop from the kwaJim udder has been milked(!) will you all as collectors of the Zulu range continue to support it through iSandlwana and possibly Ulundi or is it Rorke's Drift and then move on to something else?

No sinister motive behind the question just wondering whether other peoples interest in the subject goes beyond the most famous set piece action from the campaign.

As someone who immersed myself in the subject for almost 25 years it was iSandlwana rather than kwaJim that drew me in.

I hope something materialises for GINGINDLOVU.

http://www.britishbattles.com/zulu-war/gingindlovu.htm

I already have several sets of British Regiments from one of my favourite glossy manufacturers

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/album.php?albumid=271

Cheers

I've no doubt a number of us will continue to expand our matte collections moving on from kwaJim Isandlwana. I know I have along with others an will continue to do so. Currently they're other sources to draw from along with WB to continue moving forward.............The Lt.

Joe...those are great pictures of your Rorke's Drift display...you have a fantastic collection...

Thanks Michael they're older photos I've posted going back a few years featured on various forum threads...........PapaZ

Last edited:
It was inglorious by the very definition. There was no glory in Gingindlovu. It was a hideous 'turkey shoot' much like Ulundi. I do hope WB do not go down the 17th Lancers 'pinsticking' route either.

Let's hope there is no clamour for a Boer War range otherwise people may be wanting concentration camps with Boer women and children.

It was inglorious by the very definition. There was no glory in Gingindlovu. It was a hideous 'turkey shoot' much like Ulundi. I do hope WB do not go down the 17th Lancers 'pinsticking' route either.

Let's hope there is no clamour for a Boer War range otherwise people may be wanting concentration camps with Boer women and children.

Funny you should mention Boer War ^&grin :salute::

Cheers

Hope the month of October is a good one for all as I send along it's calendar........The Lt.

calendarfdffab6be929814ae516af40406644e0a02c5436.jpg

Once again Joe, you have provided a nicely photographed and staged monthly calendar for the AZW collectors which I am sure they will all enjoy and many will use . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Seems like the Britain Collectors have fallen asleep in The Land of The Zulus and hopefully a little hand to hand playtime from my end will wake you up............The Lt.

1001-3.jpg

1002-6.jpg

1004-8.jpg

Seems like the Britain Collectors have fallen asleep in The Land of The Zulus and hopefully a little hand to hand playtime from my end will wake you up............The Lt.

1001-3.jpg

1002-6.jpg

1004-8.jpg

You could be right there Joe, and I'm one of the guilty party:redface2:

You've made up for it here with these pictures {bravo}} {bravo}} {bravo}}

Cheers mate

Apologies again Joe for neglecting my duty {eek3} :salute::

Defending the biscuit box wall, somewhere in Zululand

biscuitboxs4.jpg

biscuitboxs3.jpg

biscuitboxs2.jpg