Joe's collection (1 Viewer)

Amazing collection. Always fun to review. Very divers, too.

It is good that these high end figures have a place in our hobby.

Thank you so much Andreas. It's great to know you enjoy the photos of my collection so much.
Cheers,
Joe

Here are a few unique ones from Russian Vityaz (54mm)- Indian Mughal warrior with young monitor lizard and then later with larger monitor:

This is one of my most treasured Russian figures, Boudicca, Celtic Queen of the Iceni tribe by Aeroart. I have a few different versions of this piece (I'm a sucker for buying dupes when I see unique paint variations of a favorite sculpt), but this is my favorite one. I hope you like her too!
Joe

This is one of my most treasured Russian figures, Boudicca, Celtic Queen of the Iceni tribe by Aeroart. I have a few different versions of this piece (I'm a sucker for buying dupes when I see unique paint variations of a favorite sculpt), but this is my favorite one. I hope you like her too!
Joe

Congratulations !

What a wonderful and unique portrayal...a work of art, to be sure.

Thank you for posting.

Here are various shots of a bit more of an artsy variety:
Joe

Aeroart King Edward III

Aeroart Arab falconer

Close up of a Russian Vityaz legionnaire of the Roman Republic

Two First Legion Roman Imperial legionnaires encounter a lone Celt by West/Russian Vityaz while searching for water

Aeroart Polovtsian archer

A few more fun photos....
Joe

Here's a shot of a Collector's Showcase KT remodel I did w/ K & C figures:

One of my favorite K & C sets + photographer & dead German photographed in one of the classic, old Conte buildings:

One of my favorite K & C figures....

Great photos joe! Always loved the Edward III figure!

Thank you Zach! Glad you enjoyed them. :smile2:
Edward III really is a wonderful piece, I love everything about it. The horse just looks so mature and noble, like it has been his favorite horse for a long time.

Joe

Daimyo Toyotomi Hideyoshi by Russian Vityaz.
It took me years to find one of these beauties. I was very bummed when it arrived damaged, but what are you gonna do? We collect fragile little treasures and shipping can be very rough on them. I'm just glad I'm able to fix most types of damage. Anyways, it's a brilliant piece I wanted to share because it's one of the very best I have. I hope you like it too!

Joe

Really is a work of art, so intricate, no wonder it was a candidate for damage. Happy that you finally secured this piece for your collection. Robin.

Joe that's an incredible figure, I can see why you wanted it.

The painting of the patterns on his clothing are just ridiculously good, really happy you have the skills to fix a broken figure it really adds to the enjoyment of the Hobby IMO. If he'd arrived at my house damaged I'd be totally pissed. best Gebhard

Joe...that is an extraordinarily sweet figure...a regular masterpiece for sure!

Thank you Mike...glad you like it too! :smile2:

Really is a work of art, so intricate, no wonder it was a candidate for damage. Happy that you finally secured this piece for your collection. Robin.

Cheers Robin,
I think some of the Samurai, Arabs/Turks, and Renaissance knights with flags are some of the most beautiful, elaborate figures but unfortunately also carry with them a higher than normal potential for damage. I'm occasionally willing to take the risk for a figure that I really love. Thank you for enjoying the figure!

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing

You bet Zach, more to come. :wink2:

Joe that's an incredible figure, I can see why you wanted it.
The painting of the patterns on his clothing are just ridiculously good, really happy you have the skills to fix a broken figure it really adds to the enjoyment of the Hobby IMO. If he'd arrived at my house damaged I'd be totally pissed. best Gebhard

Hi Gebs,
I'm happy you enjoyed the photos. :smile2:
It was disappointing to say the least to receive damaged, but I actually have experience repairing this same figure for two other collectors. You are right- being able to fix things does really enhance hobby enjoyment by reducing the amount of stress you feel worrying about things getting damaged and just the general satisfaction seeing something restored. Nevertheless, this one was a bit of a pisser since it cost a lot, was so hard to come by and especially since I told the seller about the high susceptibility this figure has to damage and how to avoid it. But I still love it with more rework needing to be done on the backside of the surcoat. I'm glad you enjoyed

Joe

Daimyo Toyotomi Hideyoshi by Russian Vityaz.
It took me years to find one of these beauties. I was very bummed when it arrived damaged, but what are you gonna do? We collect fragile little treasures and shipping can be very rough on them. I'm just glad I'm able to fix most types of damage. Anyways, it's a brilliant piece I wanted to share because it's one of the very best I have. I hope you like it too!

Joe

Do you have any pics of the damaged piece before you repaired it Joe??

Do you have any pics of the damaged piece before you repaired it Joe??

Hi JB,
Yes, I took some pics. I have taken pics of almost all damaged Russian pieces I have received over the years. I have quite a file of saved photos of every kind of damage imaginable. It's a shame but it sadly happens much more frequently w/ Russian figures than with FL, K&C, etc.

Joe

Hi JB,
Yes, I took some pics. I have taken pics of almost all damaged Russian pieces I have received over the years. I have quite a file of saved photos of every kind of damage imaginable. It's a shame but it sadly happens much more frequently w/ Russian figures than with FL, K&C, etc.

Joe

I guess that the distance the piece travels might have something to do with it?? The further it has to go - the more bumping about it might get?

Any chance of you showing some of the damage? (if you can bear it!). jb

I guess that the distance the piece travels might have something to do with it?? The further it has to go - the more bumping about it might get?

Any chance of you showing some of the damage? (if you can bear it!). jb

JB,
I'll post a few shots this weekend.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back