The American Civil War Diaries (4 Viewers)

I just waded through this thread again to catch some more terrific dios that I hadn't seen yet. Amazing stuff.

Personally, I think Reb should be given his own forum section as a sub-forum to DioDramas so that he could post each dio in it's own thread and it would be a lot easier to look at them!!! Just a thought...

Great stuff Reb.

Matt

Now, isn't that a simply spiffing idea? Why don't we have a poll on it?
I'd certainly vote for this brilliant idea.
:):):):)

Regards
Heid

I just waded through this thread again to catch some more terrific dios that I hadn't seen yet. Amazing stuff.

Personally, I think Reb should be given his own forum section as a sub-forum to DioDramas so that he could post each dio in it's own thread and it would be a lot easier to look at them!!! Just a thought...

Great stuff Reb.

Matt

Another thought is that you should provide him with a number of new figures from both the North and the South to join his ranks and wouldn't be a bad idea to add members of the various units that took part in the Zulu War to join mine...The Lt.

Another thought is that you should provide him with a number of new figures from both the North and the South to join his ranks and wouldn't be a bad idea to add members of the various units that took part in the Zulu War to join mine...The Lt.

Hmm...that is an interesting thought. The dios in this thread sure do get my juices flowing.

Interstate 295 just North of Richmond proper now disects the Yellow Tavern battlefield the rest of it is houses. If you know exactly where to go inside a housing development there is a very nice monument erected to J.E.B. Stuart marking where he fell mortally wounded. Last time I was there I picked up a bag full of broken glass from beer bottles and assorted other litter. It seems the teens in the area use it for a party spot. What a shame.

Interstate 295 just North of Richmond proper now disects the Yellow Tavern battlefield the rest of it is houses. If you know exactly where to go inside a housing development there is a very nice monument erected to J.E.B. Stuart marking where he fell mortally wounded. Last time I was there I picked up a bag full of broken glass from beer bottles and assorted other litter. It seems the teens in the area use it for a party spot. What a shame.

Yes, it really is.

Rgds
H

Good on you though. Thanks for doing your bit.

Im planning a trip to the D.C. - Northern Virginia area in the next couple of months before I begin school at Florida State. Has anyone been to the museum in Richmond? Is it worth making the trip down?

Im planning a trip to the D.C. - Northern Virginia area in the next couple of months before I begin school at Florida State. Has anyone been to the museum in Richmond? Is it worth making the trip down?

Hi Vanguard,

If, by "the museum in Richmond," you mean the Museum of the Confederacy, yes, I have been there. While there, I also visited the Confederate White House. I found both to be well worth the trip. If you have an interest in the history of the Confederacy, you will find many interesting items on display there.

I noticed you are presently living in Texas. Have you ever visited the Confederate Research Center located on the campus of Hill College in Hillsboro, Texas? Located in this museum are a number of Texas Confederate unit battle flags as well as many other things that might also interest you. If you think you might want to visit this museum, call ahead to make certain they will be open on the day you wish to visit.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Yep thats the the one, Ill have to make sure I get in there. As for the museum in Hillsboro, no I havent been there before but it sounds like something I should look into.

Yep thats the the one, Ill have to make sure I get in there. As for the museum in Hillsboro, no I havent been there before but it sounds like something I should look into.

I also really like the Museum of the Confederacy and the White House in Richmond. Another place worth the trip in the same area is the National Museum of the Civil War Soldier at Pamplin Park (Petersburg). Pamplin Park also has a smaller display in another building, reenactors, and very well-preserved trenches at the site of the final Union breakthrough of the Petersburg lines.

One of these days i'm going to return to the states and take a tour of some of the major ACW Battlefields,i simply gotta see Gettysburg,Antietam amongst many others.

Rob

One of these days i'm going to return to the states and take a tour of some of the major ACW Battlefields,i simply gotta see Gettysburg,Antietam amongst many others.

Rob

Gettysburg is pretty cool. Walking up Little Round Top and then looking down is one of my fondest memories of a visit.

Rob
You will enjoy Gettysburg. In an on-going effort, the Park Service is returning the battlefield to it's 1863 appearance in terms of foliage, fences, and sight-lines. My last trip up Little Round Top, (April past) was a real treat. All the post-war growth of trees and ground cover has been removed from Devil's Den and the view is thus radically changed. We await your return. -- lancer

You will enjoy Gettysburg. In an on-going effort, the Park Service is returning the battlefield to it's 1863 appearance in terms of foliage, fences, and sight-lines. My last trip up Little Round Top, (April past) was a real treat. All the post-war growth of trees and ground cover has been removed from Devil's Den and the view is thus radically changed. We await your return. -- lancer

Cheers Lancer.Ever since i saw the classic Ken Burns docu series i have been dying to see Little round Top.Having seen Waterloo,The Somme,Normandy,Passchendaele,Gettysburg is my next big target.

Rob

There is a special feeling there when you go to Gettysburg.
Mark

Harris

Let me know when you plan to come to DC - I can take you on a tour of the Capitol and show you a few sites in town.

Anything for a future FSU Man ! ;)

Ron

Thank you Ron.:) Must say i really like the new ACW Cavalry announced today.:cool:

Rob

I hope Reb doesnt like them to much. He may be inclined to wait for them to depict the next chapter; not sure I can wait that long. Im jonesin for the next release.

Ron: Thank you for the offer, just got home from orientation today. Safe to say that Im stoked to be attending the Florida State University.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back