The American Civil War Diaries (1 Viewer)

Bob,

Great post,

Your poses, your story line and especially your figures and terrain are remarkable.

Kudos to you again.

Always the best of the best.

Thank you for your effort,

Thanks Reb for this installment. You have a great way of telling the story along with the superb photos of your dio, it just pulls us right in and leaves us begging for more.

Nice to see you get some use out if the new Britains figures.

Cheers

Scott

Once again Reb another outstanding chapter from your American Civil War Diaries both in verse and photography.......The Lt.

Bob, just like to add my congrats to your latest installment :) The maps have rather nice little details - I take it they are home made?

Jeff

Your groundwork is always rendered with such skillful craftsmanship. It looks so realistic. I also love the maps!!!!

Reb:

Always a pleasure to see another post from you on this terrific thread!

You photographic work, and story line is simply perfection!

Bob, well, I can’t believe as long as I have been on this forum, that I have never seen this thread. I don’t know how it has ever escaped me. I think this was mostly posted during my hurricane hiatus.

I thought you were only famous for your Deguello.

I just spent the last 5 hours starting at post #1, reading every single entry.

That may sound like I’m a slow reader, but honestly, I drooled over the photos for extremely long periods of time.

I got to tell you, I AM JUST BLOWN AWAY.

I honestly don’t have enough superlatives to really express my feeling on your work Bob.

If Oscars were given on Treefrog for dioramas, you would certainly have swept the field with Civil War Diaries.

I just don’t have the words to comment on how outstanding the story, the figures, the figure posing, the terrain, the photos, the investment, the passion and the amount of time and energy you spent entertaining us means to me.

This was like watching my favorite show on television, but not having to wait a week to see the next episode.

Coupled with the additions of KV and some others, this really has to be the best thread and story I have ever read on Treefrog.

Your work excels all others and is museum quality.

I seriously would pay admission to look at this. You said it was originally 20’ x 10’ and sized down to 10’ x 4’, that is seriously huge.

Honestly, I am floored. Honestly, I am jealous and impressed.

Special kudos to your collection (quantity and variety of poses), photo expertise, story telling and posing in photo shoots.

Your terrain and “smoke effects” are the best, bar none.

All the times that I have heard references like, “So and so is the UKReb of that collector”.

It now makes senses.

Your work is the standard for comparison.

The coolest ever,

Michael

PS…when you have time, will you please tell me who made the tree in posts 360 and 379.

Mike,

I've been a drooling Reb-Groupie ever since seeing his first posts on this forum.
They have been inspirational for me, and I suspect not a few others on here.
Almost single-handed (although there are others), Bob has raised the Diorama section of the forum to stellar heights and practically invented the excellent DIODRAMA's you see these days.

Hey,
Thanks Bob for a few more "kinda okay quick snaps" I can add to the scrapbook I'm giving Missus Heid for her birthday this year. You've saved me yet another trail around the jewelers shops (again).....!!!!! Which of course releases more capital that I can squander on polystone.
;);)

Cheers :)
H

This is my second attempt to chime in on this latest installment of your excellent thread, Reb. Previous efforts were hampered by a spotty ISP connection throughout the day today. :mad: I think others have pretty well covered it already, but there are not many more threads that I look forward to reading so eagerly as the ACW Diaries. I particularly like the setting and landscaping on this one and agree with the Jeff that the wee maps are a really nice touch. Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks again! :)

MD

This is my second attempt to chime in on this latest installment of your excellent thread, Reb. Previous efforts were hampered by a spotty ISP connection throughout the day today. :mad: I think others have pretty well covered it already, but there are not many more threads that I look forward to reading so eagerly as the ACW Diaries. I particularly like the setting and landscaping on this one and agree with the Jeff that the wee maps are a really nice touch. Looking forward to the next installment. Thanks again! :)

MD

Hey Dave,
I just had to look up "epiphany" in an on-line reference book so's I could figure out what it refers to.
Please remember to use monosylsables - or I won't know wot you mean. I'm not edjukated like wot U R.

Cheers ;)
H

Fantastic work Bob,really superb mate.As Harry said you really do set the bar for quality in dio's,your work is one of the most enjoyable things on the forum.

Rob

Fantastic work Bob,really superb mate.As Harry said you really do set the bar for quality in dio's,your work is one of the most enjoyable things on the forum.

Rob

Dunno what it is Rob, as you know I'm normally a 1970's/1980's hard rock music kinda Bro; but every time a new Chapter appears, on goes an EmmyLou Harris CD and I then work my way back through the preceding chapters - yet again.
For some reason, the music fits in with the ambience created by the storyline and I just loose myself in a complete and utter wonderland of prose, photography, detail - and all the rest of it. The overall experience leaves me feeling like I've just gone to see one of the greatest movies ever made.

Reb - next time I'm in the UK, (can't bring myself to say "next time I'm home" anymore - just doesn't sound right to me), can I please sit in on one of your history lectures? I promise to sit quietly at the back and be a very, very, good boy.

Rgds
H

I have to say, Reb, that nobody does it better. The Lee Tent with the maps, the work with the ground and foliage, not to mention the exceptional story telling. You ought to get together with Kevin and get this thread and the Alamo threads published as books. They are just exceptional.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks so much for another guiltless pleasure Bob.:D Another installment which conveys so much with lighting, focal distance and camera angles and of course your excellent choice of figures and placement. The accoutrement's, (just for you Harry:D) including of course the maps, are also amazing. Tres bon, tres, tres bon.:cool:

Thanks so much for another guiltless pleasure Bob.:D Another installment which conveys so much with lighting, focal distance and camera angles and of course your excellent choice of figures and placement. The accoutrement's, (just for you Harry:D) including of course the maps, are also amazing. Tres bon, tres, tres bon.:cool:

Acc, accoot, akouttr....sorry mate - no idea what you're talking about.
Hmmm....wait a minute, you mean all that stuff that's just lying around don't you?
Takes a while you know, but I can usually figure it out.
;););)

Cheers
Ummm - who am I tonight? - Come to think of it, where am I tonight?

My Dear Reb,

I could not help but notice your very attractive command figures. I noticed the K&C figure right away, but I wondered where you got the hatless Marse Lee? Also, the wonderful J.E.B. Stuart figure?

You must have enjoyed putting the tent scene together. I liked the little lantern.

Indeed another great installment. Inspired as I am, unil the move is completed i remain somewhat helpless at this point to do anything but admire from afar.

Bob, just like to add my congrats to your latest installment :) The maps have rather nice little details - I take it they are home made?

Jeff

Jeff

No not home-made- sometime ago my good lady spotted them in a doll-house shop amongst all the 1/12 scale accessories-on further examination-believe it or not-they actually depict 19th century US Southern States-Authentic or what? :D

Vamp

The hatless Lee I picked up with a similar figure of Grant (both metal) at one of the London shows-no markings but the dealer did tell me they originated Stateside. The mounted JEB Stuart figure you admired is K&C a superb sculpt of the dashing Reb cavalryman.

The rest of you guys many many thanks for your kind comments always appreciated and I now have to design and build the big cavalry fight at Yellow Tavern where poor JEB cashed in his chips. Thanks again

Reb

I just waded through this thread again to catch some more terrific dios that I hadn't seen yet. Amazing stuff.

Personally, I think Reb should be given his own forum section as a sub-forum to DioDramas so that he could post each dio in it's own thread and it would be a lot easier to look at them!!! Just a thought...

Great stuff Reb.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back