The American Civil War Diaries (2 Viewers)

Yes it has been awhile Bobby Reb :) Hope your Hols were great !! and as usual it has certainly been worth the wait. The JG mats look awesome along with your figures and placement of them.

Well, not too shabby for a crude old Philistine, who doesn't appreciate the virtues of 20th century armour. ;):D

Looking forward to seeing whose on the receiving end of 'Napoleon'.

Cheers
Simon

Thanks guys and Hi as it's been awhile but good to be back playing soldiers.

Will we ever grow up and become sensible adults?:D

Reb

Bob...absolutely love the explosion...when you get time...do a thread and teach me how to copy it please...you do the coolest stuff:cool:

Reb,

You and Kevin (Panda1gen) never cease to amaze me with the incredible quality of your diorama set ups and photography! Absolutely amazing work!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks guys and Hi as it's been awhile but good to be back playing soldiers.

Will we ever grow up and become sensible adults?:D

Reb
Hopefully never mate.:cool: Yet another impressive and thoroughly enjoyable chapter. Despite your modesty, you are indeed the master in this and this episode is another example why.:cool::D Very happy and relieved to see you back; I was beginning to worry.:confused: Check your older email BTW, I never did get a reply to my last one and if you don't have it I can send it again.

Hopefully never mate.:cool: Yet another impressive and thoroughly enjoyable chapter. Despite your modesty, you are indeed the master in this and this episode is another example why.:cool::D Very happy and relieved to see you back; I was beginning to worry.:confused: Check your older email BTW, I never did get a reply to my last one and if you don't have it I can send it again.

Thanks Bill

I never got it and not hearing from you for sometime wondered if you ever got those ground scatter samples I sent to your PO Box address.

How's that Peninsular dio coming along? ;)

Bob

Bob your setups are still great on the eyes, looks like you have been enjoying all these new grass matts. I believe it was you that started all those great cannon bursts with the flames and flying figures, Great stuff.:)

Bravo Again!!!!! I wish I could come up with something that nice looking to display my cavalry, and the shell burst it wonderfully executed.

That cannon burst shot was loud.......the wifes talking but i cant here her :D

Wonderful display Bob. Glad to see you back. I'm a bit tardy (quite actually) in responding to yours.

Cheers,

Thanks Bill

I never got it and not hearing from you for sometime wondered if you ever got those ground scatter samples I sent to your PO Box address.

How's that Peninsular dio coming along? ;)

Bob
OK I sent it again with a note on the samples. I was waiting to hear back from you and then got lost in the holidays. All arrived great and are much appreciated. More in the note.

The picture of the explosion is amazing. As is the one of the Cavalry waiting behind the tree line.

Terry

Bob...absolutely love the explosion...when you get time...do a thread and teach me how to copy it please...you do the coolest stuff:cool:

Mike

Many thanks for your kind comments and by all means I will forward you a full step by step tutorial on how to knock up one of the Reb's cannon/shell explosions. I don't believe there would be enough interest in it to warrant a thread on the forum for as you well know, unfortunately, the American Civil War comes bottom of the class in interest on here and to get the full impact for the shot you definitely need figures that appear to be thrown up in the air- if you know what I mean- and currently only Conte ACW/Alamo figures fit that scenario-as far as I'm aware unless of course you do what I do and convert figures to fit the impact of an explosive shell or canister. Therefore when complete I'll e-mail it to you. Please be patient as it will take awhile.

Bob

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back