The American Civil War Diaries (4 Viewers)

Re: Gettysburg The Third Day

The Rebs rushed forward- now with no regard for formation, taking punishing fire on both flanks the fast thinning gray ranks reached the wall following their beloved General

DSC04742.jpg

Standing on top of the stone wall Armistead yelled back at his men
"Come on boys! Give them the cold steel!"

DSC04747.jpg

The 71st Pennsylvania-part of Webb's brigade facing the furious Reb onslaught began to break. Some of their officers screamed
"Halt! Turn about face and fire you cowards"
On some unpatriotic backs fell the flat of the officers sabres, but men were never made who will stand against levelled bayonets coming at them with such momentum and determination accompanied by blood curdling Rebel yells, the break became a rout

DSC04663.jpg

The wall was now thick with the red banners of the Confederacy and the blue flags of Virginia as the Rebs continued to encroach into the Federal position at the Angle

DSC05038.jpg

With Armistead still leading from the front Colonel Martin yelled to his men
"The day is ours! Look to your General! Follow him to victory!"

DSC05054.jpg

The fighting now on both of the Confederate flanks became bloody bayonet thrusts and furious hand to hand combat as the Rebs held back the blue-lines to enable their colleagues a clear central advance

DSC04772.jpg

And as those few brief minutes passed with Armistead and his men over the wall and the 71st falling back in a fear stricken flock of confusion-quite literally in front of Armistead- the road lay open all the way to Washington.

The fate of Gettysburg hung by a spider's single thread

DSC04778.jpg

Great looking scenes!
The large amount of figures really make the scene com alive, especially the clashing scene.
You have a great collection UKREB.
Nick

Great pictures guys. Looking at the pictures I feel like I am in the battle. Outstanding work.

These two hombres are the latest recruits to the Rebs collection-bought them off a dealer at the March London show for a snip of a price-both very heavy 58mm metal kits and finally got around to assembling and painting. Quite pleased with how they came out as both their particular poses will fit into many scenarios I have in mind further downstream.

Reb

DSC00028-1.jpg

Good to see you again with your extraordinary photos. Did you paint them? F&?%?%$# GOOD JOB...:eek:

These two hombres are the latest recruits to the Rebs collection-bought them off a dealer at the March London show for a snip of a price-both very heavy 58mm metal kits and finally got around to assembling and painting. Quite pleased with how they came out as both their particular poses will fit into many scenarios I have in mind further downstream.

Reb

DSC00028-1.jpg

Nice way of saying hello since returning to your thread REB with two nicely posed figures and nicely painted by you. Looking forward to seeing them in the scenarios you've got planned for them and hoping it will be soon.

Reb
Great work Bob and a pleasure to see you posting again. I also look forward to seeming them in action. It has been too long since the last installment; I am suffering ACWD withdrawal.:eek::D

Good to see your "offerings" again Reb. Nicely done job on those new figures of yours. Can't wait to see them in "action"
Mike

Nice job Bob. Like the one with the sabre; always makes for a bit of dash.

Reb

DSC00028-1.jpg

Those are very nice figures. Do you know what brand those are?
Walt

Noon May 11th 1864-Yellow Tavern

As Stuart watched Sheridan's Union Cavalry start their charge across the field he became aware that without orders from himself MG Fitzhugh Lee's 1st & 2nd Virginia cavalry were already at the gallop to meet the Yankees head on. Stuart quietly whispered "God Bless you Fitz"

DSC00032-1.jpg

As the two columns approached each other the pace of each increased until suddenly a crash that people swore they heard in Richmond. So violent was the collision that many of the horses were turned end over end throwing their riders heavily onto the ground. Those who could quickly scrambled up to continue the fight on foot.

DSC00006-5.jpg

The clashing of sabers, the firing of pistols and cries of the combatants filled the very air.

DSC00095.jpg

The fighting was so intense and at such close quarters that it was said some of the dead were found in pairs of blue and gray pinned together by tightly clutched sabers driven through each of their bodies.

DSC00158.jpg

The battle became of the most obstinate character with neither side intent on giving way-both blue and gray horsemen literally fought to the death.

DSC00057-1.jpg

But standing quietly in the shade of the trees watching intently through his binoculars was Captain Dunbar R Ransom of Sheridan's Horse Artillery.
His gunners-men of Battery K 1st United States awaited the order from their captain-waited to unleash hell upon those Reb horse soldiers

DSC00017.jpg

To be Continued..........

Reb

Wonderful stuff as usual Bob,really good.

Rob

It's always a pleasure to see you retuning to your Civil War Diaries Bob and can't wait for this tail to continue. Another outstanding set of pictures provided with the writtings from one of your Diaries.

Wonderful to see this thread back up and running again Bob! It has been

missed! Can't wait for the story to continue!

Rob/Joe/John

Many thanks for your kind comments that's at least three of you still following the story;).

Rob I'm toying with the idea of introducing a Confederate Tiger tank (without zimmerit of course) into the next episode to knock out that Yankee artillery. Purely to juice up the story-What d'ya think?:D

Bob

Rob/Joe/John

Many thanks for your kind comments that's at least three of you still following the story;).

Rob I'm toying with the idea of introducing a Confederate Tiger tank (without zimmerit of course) into the next episode to knock out that Yankee artillery. Purely to juice up the story-What d'ya think?:D

Bob

You know very well that it is at least five of us.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back