The American Civil War Diaries (4 Viewers)

Re: Antietam: Carnage in the Corn-field

Kilted one great job on your setup. UKReb, just when I think I have seen it all, ca boom, your cannon blast are spectacular, great stuff.

Kilted one great job on your setup. UKReb, just when I think I have seen it all, ca boom, your cannon blast are spectacular, great stuff.

Thanks Mike. Reb and I are trying to co-ordinate our attack from across the pond.:)

They continue the surge forward urged on by their Division commander!

Great stuff Vamp! Pickett's men need all the help they can get methinks!

The Reb Division commander figure I am not familar with. Who is he and what manufacturer?
As he isn't wearing Confederate gray I am assuming he comes from First Manassas as the majority of Reb officers were still wearing their old US Army blue uniforms which added to the confusion during the battle. Am I right?
He looks a hell of an imposing figure though.
Reb

Yes indeed. He is General Bernard Bee. He was made by Forward March. Should I repaint him? Orders , Sir?

No way, don't repaint him, this way he can switch to the winning side instead of commanding those guys in the Super Mario Brothers hats.

Yes indeed. He is General Bernard Bee. He was made by Forward March. Should I repaint him? Orders , Sir?

Poor guy never did get to wear the gray as he was felled just after he gave Jackson his nickname...."Look to Jackson and his Virginians standing like a stonewall"

God I luv this war!

Reb.

Re: Gettysburg The Third Day

As the advancing Rebs closed at the 1500 yards range Brig General Henry H Hunt-a superlatively good Chief of Artillery- gave his batteries officers the command
"Commence Firing!"
With a thunderous roar the federal barrage began as the muzzles of gun after gun spewed out their fiery discharge of lethal loads.

Bob
My jaw just dropped and the eyes popped out of my head. You deserve this year's Oscar for Best Special Effects. You are a true cinematic genius--both in compelling narrative and visuals.You just have to publish this as a book. Please show your work to the folks at Osprey. You'll be doing the world of history and toy soldiers a great favor
Randy

Bob
My jaw just dropped and the eyes popped out of my head. You deserve this year's Oscar for Best Special Effects. You are a true cinematic genius--both in compelling narrative and visuals.You just have to publish this as a book. Please show your work to the folks at Osprey. You'll be doing the world of history and toy soldiers a great favor
Randy

Hey Randy don't hold anything back . Tell us how you really feel! LOL It is spectacular!

The rebs stumble into a company of Berdans' Sharpshooters who pick off the hapless Rebs.

Rebs counter with their sharpshooter.

The federal gunners begrimed with powder and smoke, loaded with precision and speed. Sighting and firing their guns as if the fate of the nation depended upon their exertions.
Their intrepid commanders moved from gun to gun as calmly as if at a West Point review.

DSC03049.jpg

Some of the older more experienced gunners loaded a double charge of shell & case shot into their cannon muzzles. This practice would not be found in any artillery manual as it could be deadly dangerous for the gun-crew themselves.
But when successfully fired it's effect on enemy infantry in close formation was...........

DSC03055.jpg

.........UTTER DEVASTATION........As the shell exploded men were thrown 20 feet or more into the air, like wingless birds...then the case shot burst.....

DSC02908.jpg

Men were showered with red hot pieces of shrapnel, legs, arms and bodies were punctured and pierced by the grape and the men fell like scythed ears of corn

DSC03508.jpg

The mortality was frightful, men fell at the rate of nearly one every second

DSC02919.jpg

The hoarse and indistinguishable orders of commanders, the screaming and bursting of shells and now shrapnel tore through the struggling lines of the Confederate regiments. The groans of the wounded & dying being trampled underfoot by the advancing infantrymen added to what was a perfect Hell on earth and never to be forgotten by those who survived it.

But through this holocaust the Reb regiments moved ever forward towards the ridge.

DSC02780.jpg

I don't know how you did the exploding double cannister shots, but all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!

Reb, Where are our sharp shooters at? We have to get them to pour fire into them d$@N yankee Artillery batteries!

Reb, Where are our sharp shooters at? We have to get them to pour fire into them d$@N yankee Artillery batteries!

The Reb artillery stopped firing as the infantry began their advance, they never trusted their ammo that some of their shells would not prematurely explode above their heads.

The rebs have only got muskets and they are not in range until they cross the Emmitsburg road, they are on there own till they get there and there's not a da#n thing we or they can do.

The Reb artillery stopped firing as the infantry began their advance, they never trusted their ammo that some of their shells would not prematurely explode above their heads.

The rebs have only got muskets and they are not in range until they cross the Emmitsburg road, they are on there own till they get there and there's not a da#n thing we or they can do.

What about them fellas what took them rifles from the Yanks? Where they at?
Not to change history but them fellas are gettin' murdered out there.:eek:

What about them fellas what took them rifles from the Yanks? Where they at?
Not to change history but them fellas are gettin' murdered out there.:eek:

Vamp you got me on that one. Who took rifles from who???????:confused::confused:

Vamp you got me on that one. Who took rifles from who???????:confused::confused:

Why the fancy shootin' irons we took from dem durn green jacketed fellars. Looks like we got their color bearer!

BTW The figure on the right is from Del Prado:p

What can one say that already hasn't been said :eek:

The photography, displays, storylines simply amazing & wonderful.

Can I ask what you used to portray the cornstalks :confused:

Why the fancy shootin' irons we took from dem durn green jacketed fellars. Looks like we got their color bearer!

BTW The figure on the right is from Del Prado:p

Very nice KV.
Love those sharpshooters. Here are some from my state of New Hampshire:

Attachments

• berdans.jpg
    berdans.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 269

Users who are viewing this thread

Back