The American Civil War Diaries (3 Viewers)

Hard to believe this thread is 6 years old (longer than the civil war^&grin).Just goes to show you the quality of UKRebs work.
Mark

Hard to believe this thread is 6 years old (longer than the civil war^&grin).Just goes to show you the quality of UKRebs work.
Mark

I couldn't agree more, and certainly one of the more informative threads on the forum.

Jeff

I couldn't agree more, and certainly one of the more informative threads on the forum.

Jeff

Yeah I certainly do learn things reading Bob's script! And one or two about real diorama work too!{eek3}^&grin:salute::

Rob

Rocco's painting and W. Britain's set "Hell for Glory" were the inspiration for the following set of pictures

Gettysburg-3rd July 1863

Pickett's last words to General Richard B Garnett before he and his brigade advanced were "Dick, old fellow, I have no orders to give but I advise you to get across those fields as quick as you can, for in my opinion you are going to catch hell"

As Garnett's Brigade came up towards the Angle at Cemetery Ridge rifle fire added to canister ripped through the Virginian ranks. The flag of the 8th Virginia fell four times and each time it was picked up by an infantryman who continued the advance.

And through it all Garnett still sat astride his horse Red-Eye calling out to his men "Don't double-quick men. Save your wind and ammunition for the final charge"

"The last I saw of General Garnett he was still on his horse in the forefront of the charge and very near to the stone wall, gallantly waving his black hat and cheering the men on to renewed efforts against the enemy.
Private James Clay Co G 18th Virginia Infantry

Garnett's remains were never identified but many years after the war his sword and scabbard were found in a Baltimore pawn shop. They now reside in the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Virginia.

Reb

Guess what Bob? I'm impressed! Fine set of scenes my friend and at the skill level we so often see from you. Excellent work.

You sure had to have some stones to walk that field that day.

Rob

That look superb Bob, yet another terrific work of art from you, one in a long line of them.

We've got some pretty significant anniversaries coming up in 2014, not sure how much of a fan of the Western Theater you are, but I am sure we'll soon find out.............

There is dios and there is art, Bob you have combined both with brilliance.....just magic :salute:::salute:::salute:::salute::
Wayne.

Another awesome set up Bob! What impresses me the most is how many figures you actually have and that you were able to set many of them up like that for the added realism. You have a very nice collection.

Mark

Bob, I have to say, Keith Rocco comes in a distant second to your depiction. The sell explosion is quite realistic and your figs literally charge out of the picture in a 3-D affect. Outstanding scenes. Chris

It amazes me how close you come to the paintings you recreate with you figures.Beautiful work.
Mark

Bob, so this is what you were talking about at the pub gathering last London show, most impressive photos as usual! {bravo}}

Jeff :salute::

Wow Bob! Another masterpiece. What a great use of W. Britains new "Hell for Glory" set. You certainly used it beautifully with the rest of your ACW collection to depict that moment in time that catapulted the participants into history forever. Just outstanding . . . . . {bravo}}
:smile2: Mike

Just outstanding!!!! Must be close to 200 figures in this picture. Can not wait for the next installment. You are an inspiration to all of us ACW collectors.

7th OVI Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back