The American Civil War Diaries (10 Viewers)

Bob, great work on the conversions, look forward to your next chapter of the Diaries. Chris

another award winning display of your collection with very detailed groundwork...
this is why your dioramas grace the cover of collector's magazines...
great job Bob...

Thanks Chris/Mike:-Let me know downstream Mike if Chris has fixed you up with a US supplier of the XL grass plugs and woodland weed/shrub plugs and I'll cancel the pre-order this end.
Bob

Thanks Chris/Mike:-Let me know downstream Mike if Chris has fixed you up with a US supplier of the XL grass plugs and woodland weed/shrub plugs and I'll cancel the pre-order this end.
Bob

Bob...

I appreciate you're looking out for me...

I think your X-Large scale weeds/shrubs are bigger than I can get here...

mine are 6-7mm...

yours are 2-3 times as big as mine...

is there anyway you can ask your railroad guy what size his X-Large ones are?

what size in mm scale...6-8-10-12...or larger...

if they are 12mm...I can get them here...but I think yours are bigger than 12mm...

mine in this pic are 6-7mm...

yours are much bigger...

Attachments

• 101_0256.jpg
    101_0256.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 225
Paul...

thanks...

I see he is in the UK...

I was hoping to find a dealer in the US...

I would like to call for more info...

the GL-029 is described as XXL-Tufts of grass...

but under details...it says nothing...

hard to figure how many come in a pack...

Scenic Express sells a lot of "Silfor" tufts, but they are very small. If anyone has a US suppliers of a bigger version please share.

Paul...

you have been doing some very good research...^&grin...

that is where I bought my small 6-7mm sized ones a few years ago...

and they are very nice...but they look more like a small weed...

while Bob's scale...of XL...is much more suitable for 54-60mm figures...

I cannot find a distributor in the US that has the XL or XXL...

so frustrating...hahaha...

Paul...

thanks for finding and sharing...

it's in the US and I will call them Monday...

I'll let you know how it came out...you too Bob...

Guys
Does this mean I can have my ACW thread back now ^&grin^&grin^&grin

The Battle of Chancellorsville : 2nd May 1863

On April 29th 1863 Joe Hooker's Army of the Potomac crossed the Rappahannock River, Virginia and massed his forces near Chancellorsville. Stuart's Confederate scouts reported that the Union army was strongly fortified on its left flank and centre. But Hooker's right flank was "in the air" with Howard's XI Corps camped on the Orange Turnpike and vulnerable to a flanking attack.

Acting on this intelligence Lee and his incomparable lieutenant-Stonewall Jackson- conceived their greatest and last collaboration. Splitting his meagre force into three Lee sent Jackson with his 30,000 foot soldiers off on a 12 mile circuitous march through the Spotsylvania Wilderness whilst Lee and Ewell faced Hooker's left and centre. Jackson clandestinely crossed the front of Hooker's army and swung around behind it.

Marching through an almost impenetrable thicket of gorse and brambles Jackson's men silently approached the Union right wing.

Jackson's men began to form into battle lines

At 5-45pm Jackson enquired of the readiness of his leading divisional commander-Maj. Gen. Robert Rodes. Receiving an affirmative Jackson then issued a terse "You may go forward, sir"

The first thing Union soldiers saw emerging from the woods were a flood of deer, rabbits and all manner of woodland creatures pouring forth from the trees. The animals were fleeing from the hundreds of Southern soldiers who now appeared from the tree line yelling the blood curling Rebel Yell.

From the wild thicket of undergrowth the Confederates swiftly fell upon the unsuspecting and startled Federals who were just about to partake of their suppers. Instead the whole of XI Corps began to flee followed by the rebels who pushed them back two miles down the Orange Turnpike.

Jomini's Art of War was a staple at West Point and the senior ACW generals- who attended thE military academy- were all well versed in Jomini's strategy theories- in particular, "never divide an army when faced with a superior force". But at Chancellorsville Lee and Jackson defied and violated that military axiom by doing just the opposite and achieving a resounding victory.

Reb

Bob's work just keeps getting better and better. The forest and ground look just like the wilderness. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back