The Glory of Rome (1 Viewer)

IMG_2089-1.jpg

My favorite: just awesome {bravo}}{bravo}}
Thank you for posting.
Guy.:)

I agree with you Guy this one is a screen saver!! once again Joe you have posted some wonderful photos, hope to see the next dio soon for your Romans...Sammy

Here is a couple photos I put together using my 2 dioramas. 1 David from TM terrain did for me and the other I did myself. The last photo is just to show how addictive "The Glory of Rome" range really is. This is 1/2 a century. Only 40 more to go^&grin

IMG_2093-1.jpg

IMG_2078-1.jpg

IMG_2077-1.jpg

IMG_2079-1.jpg

IMG_2084-2.jpg

IMG_2089-1.jpg

IMG_2084-1.jpg

Just incredible {bravo}} I'm not ashamed to admit it I'm totally envious :redface2: .. Thanks for sharing really FANTASTIC .. Best my friend ...Gebhard

Here is a couple photos I put together using my 2 dioramas. 1 David from TM terrain did for me and the other I did myself. The last photo is just to show how addictive "The Glory of Rome" range really is. This is 1/2 a century. Only 40 more to go^&grin

Your collection is awesome and your presentation is stunning. BRAVO {bravo}}
Brendan

Thanks Brendan, Mike, Gebhard, Sammy, George, Guy and Donnie. I really enjoy this era alot and enjoy tinkering around with these figures on my dioramas. FL did such a tremendous job on these figures. I may be a tad biased but I think the Roman line is one if their best.

I really enjoyed looking at Mike's and Joe's photos, very well done. I think both have found their own style positioning the figures and taking photos. One of the main reasons I frequent this forum. :smile2:

I may be a tad biased but I think the Roman line is one if their best.

Correction IS their best :cool:

WOW!! Those are spectacular shots. You guys are really amazing. Would love to have you over sometime to photograph my stuff. Suffice to say I have legion envy {sm4}

A little plug here but I am going to snag some of the Build A Rama billowing smoke clouds to include in my diorama to show the effects of the onager.

Cant wait to see what you guys to when the Cavalry arrives!!

I am still focused on 9 CE: can anyone please date the armor worn by ROM039? It does not ring a bell with me at all. It would be a shame if I could not include that figure in my collection.

I am still focused on 9 CE: can anyone please date the armor worn by ROM039? It does not ring a bell with me at all. It would be a shame if I could not include that figure in my collection.

Scale armor, Sometimes referred to as FISH armor. Goes way back, so I'm sure by Early Imperial Roman period there easily could be a Barbarian Noble that could be armored as such.Scythian Horse archers used it as I recall.
I believe it could be found used in later Roman Armies as well.
Certainly are some fantastic figures!
FUB

Mike & Joe, I don't know what to say other than thank you for sharing your creative brilliance mixed with that of First Legion. The images are so very captivating. I love the dense, deep, foggy forest in Mike's pics. The German forest has a personality all it's own, and you get the feeling that these Romans, so far from home, are in for the fight of their lives. Joe, I don't know how you create and capture that lighting effect but again I feel like I'm looking at a painting that is a window into the past. It feels like someone painted these scenes while sitting on a hill overlooking the battles. Yours' and David's diorama work is incredibly realistic, multidimensional, intensely dramatic and the perfect vehicles for these wonderful figures from FL. Thanks for sharing your work guys. These scenes just explode off the screen with beauty and fury.

Joe

WOW!! Those are spectacular shots. You guys are really amazing. Would love to have you over sometime to photograph my stuff. Suffice to say I have legion envy {sm4}

A little plug here but I am going to snag some of the Build A Rama billowing smoke clouds to include in my diorama to show the effects of the onager.

To bad there isn't a good icon of a drooling face to choose from. Because when you mentioned cavalry and onagers I immediately began to drool:p

Mike & Joe, I don't know what to say other than thank you for sharing your creative brilliance mixed with that of First Legion. The images are so very captivating. I love the dense, deep, foggy forest in Mike's pics. The German forest has a personality all it's own, and you get the feeling that these Romans, so far from home, are in for the fight of their lives. Joe, I don't know how you create and capture that lighting effect but again I feel like I'm looking at a painting that is a window into the past. It feels like someone painted these scenes while sitting on a hill overlooking the battles. Yours' and David's diorama work is incredibly realistic, multidimensional, intensely dramatic and the perfect vehicles for these wonderful figures from FL. Thanks for sharing your work guys. These scenes just explode off the screen with beauty and fury.

Joe

Thank you Joe for such a nice compliment. I'm glad you enjoyed the pics.

IMG_2093-1.jpg

IMG_2078-1.jpg

IMG_2077-1.jpg

IMG_2079-1.jpg

IMG_2084-2.jpg

IMG_2089-1.jpg

IMG_2084-1.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

WOW....What a collection.....EXCELLENT....Some of the best photos I have ever seen....Beautiful professional work......Thank you for posting.....FL ROMANS RULE{sm4}

Absolutely Beautiful Mike.
Mark

Mike, that looks great and I do like the depth on it as you pointed out.

Also, Joe; WOW......{eek3}

Those are some spectacular shots, that is one impressive collection you've put together, amazing really........

I really enjoyed looking at Mike's and Joe's photos, very well done. I think both have found their own style positioning the figures and taking photos. One of the main reasons I frequent this forum. :smile2:

Joe

Thanks everyone for the support and kind comments . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Thanks Brendan, Mike, Gebhard, Sammy, George, Guy and Donnie. I really enjoy this era alot and enjoy tinkering around with these figures on my dioramas. FL did such a tremendous job on these figures. I may be a tad biased but I think the Roman line is one if their best.

I am also starting to think that the Romans/Barbarians are one of FL's best executed ranges Joe . . . As much as I am into ACW & AWI, I am really starting to favor my Roman collection over the other time periods I collect. The new Barbarians contiue to amaze me . . . exquisite sculpting and painting all around. I am at that point where I am considering prioritizing the expansion of my Roman/Barbarian collection at the expense of the others.

I am also starting to think that the Romans/Barbarians are one of FL's best executed ranges Joe . . . As much as I am into ACW & AWI, I am really starting to favor my Roman collection over the other time periods I collect. The new Barbarians contiue to amaze me . . . exquisite sculpting and painting all around. I am at that point where I am considering prioritizing the expansion of my Roman/Barbarian collection at the expense of the others.

Mike, what sacrilege is this?!? I'm not sure I can take losing a loyal AWI afficiando to the Roman legions. That just isn't right.....^&grin

Seriously though, I can understand why people are so excited about the Roman range. First Legion has done a superb job thus far with the range, getting all the little details right. The Roman range typifies why First Legion is so good at what they do. You have great poses, cohesion of action, and wonderful paintwork that brings out the detail of the Roman armor and the vividness of the Germans. Can't think of a better way to show off the Roman period than First Legion's releases.

What is really cool about all the dios pics that you, Joe, and others have posted, is how each has its own flavor to it. Though they are all displaying the same two releases so far, each has its own unique "feel" to it. Pretty amazing work, I have to say.

Wait, now I sound like a Roman fanboy.....

Noah

Noah, hopefully Mike will continue to do both!! I wish I could focus. Here I was planning a few airborne and Vietnam purchases and perhaps stopping at 5 Romans. Now these two great series of dios make me want Germans and more Romans. And the new AWI release makes me really want to expand that collection. I need to win the lottery very badly.

Noah, hopefully Mike will continue to do both!! I wish I could focus. Here I was planning a few airborne and Vietnam purchases and perhaps stopping at 5 Romans. Now these two great series of dios make me want Germans and more Romans. And the new AWI release makes me really want to expand that collection. I need to win the lottery very badly.

I know how you feel, as there are so many good releases from FL. The lottery would be nice. Or my wife can pay me back for the $350 that she used out of my special figure fund to go see her sister in Colorado. Still mad about that one.....:mad:

Noah

If I would have been asked a year ago whether I would ever see you write this, I would have said "No Way". But I actually think expanding into other ranges is a good thing. ^&grin

I was showing a fellow collector my display room last night and noticed what helps me focus: I am using display cases with very small shelves for my collection. There is hence a limit to how many figures you can put on one shelf in a diorama setting. And there is somehow a psychological barrier to starting a second shelf with the same range (not that that has not been done before: Stalingrad). But that means I have a number of shelves with figures from various FL ranges.

Mike, what sacrilege is this?!? I'm not sure I can take losing a loyal AWI afficiando to the Roman legions. That just isn't right.....^&grin

Seriously though, I can understand why people are so excited about the Roman range. First Legion has done a superb job thus far with the range, getting all the little details right. The Roman range typifies why First Legion is so good at what they do. You have great poses, cohesion of action, and wonderful paintwork that brings out the detail of the Roman armor and the vividness of the Germans. Can't think of a better way to show off the Roman period than First Legion's releases.

What is really cool about all the dios pics that you, Joe, and others have posted, is how each has its own flavor to it. Though they are all displaying the same two releases so far, each has its own unique "feel" to it. Pretty amazing work, I have to say.

Wait, now I sound like a Roman fanboy.....

Noah

Don't give up hope on me yet Noah ^&grin . . . . When it comes to FL figures their AWI range is still big on my list . . . . I plan to view the 1st Delaware figures first hand at the Chicgo OTSN show next month and if I like what I see I will probably by the whole offering . . . Currently I would say my FL collecting interests are Romans and AWI . . . First LEgion offers some incredible ranges and as much as I have tried to maintain my discipline and only concentrate on the ACW, what they have offered in the past 12-15 months makes that very difficult for me. Now they have come out with Viet Nam {eek3} . . for now that will be easy for me to pass up since I served in the USMC during that conflct . . . but if they would have done Marines it could have been a different story . . . .

I wish I could focus too . . . for so many years I just collected WB ACW. Then came along FL and all their "jaw dropping" offerings. Being retired I have to draw a line in the sand and really get control of this TS habit . . . er, I mean hobby. Going forward it will more than lilkely be Romans and AWI . . . . but then Viet Nam era Marines might throw a "monkey wrench" into that train of thought.

I know how you feel, as there are so many good releases from FL. The lottery would be nice. Or my wife can pay me back for the $350 that she used out of my special figure fund to go see her sister in Colorado. Still mad about that one.....:mad:

Noah

A big lottery win would be nice . . . . but would it be enough????? :wink2::tongue:

If I would have been asked a year ago whether I would ever see you write this, I would have said "No Way". But I actually think expanding into other ranges is a good thing. ^&grin

I was showing a fellow collector my display room last night and noticed what helps me focus: I am using display cases with very small shelves for my collection. There is hence a limit to how many figures you can put on one shelf in a diorama setting. And there is somehow a psychological barrier to starting a second shelf with the same range (not that that has not been done before: Stalingrad). But that means I have a number of shelves with figures from various FL ranges.

That just shows you what FL has done to the TS collecting hobby in the past 12-15 months ever since they branched out into other ranges besides Nappys. The FL offerings today are just too tempting to ignore anymore.

And . . . . . besides all of FL's accomplishments, look at the ranges other manufacturers offer that FL doesn't . . . for example, as a result of having more knowledge of my grandfather's participation in WWI, I am now slowly collecting WB WWI range . . . . So, if I had to prioritize what I desired to collect right now, I would say FL Romans, & AWI, followed by WB WWI. My monthly TS budget really limits what I can have versus what I want . . . . . but then isn't that true wioth most things in our lives :wink2:

That is very nice display! Very Nice...great ideas too..thanks for posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back