"The Zulu War" (3 Viewers)

Thanks Martyn as Bromhead is joined by Gunner John Cantwell who earned the Distinguished Conduct Medal.

004-11.jpg

Got Bromheads back covered nicely there Joe:cool:

Cheers mate

Martyn:)

Thanks once again Martyn as I ran across another vintage photo which I believe features Lieutenants Pope and Godwin along with three rankers from G Company.

003-12.jpg

Great picture in black and white Joe, I've just spotted the original on the other thread ^&cool

Cheers

Thanks Martyn I ran across a couple of more vintage photos which feature the 17th Lancers as they were unleashed against the Zulus on the field of Ulundi on their final charge on July 4th 1879.

1007-2.jpg

1006-2.jpg

Thanks Martyn I ran across a couple of more vintage photos which feature the 17th Lancers as they were unleashed against the Zulus on the field of Ulundi on their final charge on July 4th 1879.

1007-2.jpg

1006-2.jpg

Sharp pictures there Joe:cool:

Cheers

Seems like I may have run across a photo that may have appeared in the Illustrated London News of Lieutenant's attempt to save The Queens Colours.....PapaZ

003-14.jpg

Ran across another vintage photo which may Lieutenant's Melvill last stand.........The Lt.

001-10.jpg

Thank you Sir Michael and Martyn ran across another vintage photo that appears to have been taken at the camp site at Isandlwana during the fighting that took place on the 22nd of January 1879.

001-11.jpg

Thank you Sir Michael and Martyn ran across another vintage photo that appears to have been taken at the camp site at Isandlwana during the fighting that took place on the 22nd of January 1879.

001-11.jpg

Joe, excellent picture in b&w or colour :salute::

Cheers

As a member of the 1879 Zulu War Talk forum a fellow member by the name of Steven Collins created an outstanding 28mm Diorama of the Zulu War. Explore Stevens Gallery of his 22 January 1879 Isandlwana Diorama. The creativity of it with it's layout the painting of his fingers an accessories along with his photographs are outstanding. There's no doubt those of you who take advantage of his galleries slide show will marvel at his work.

https://picasaweb.google.com/107602775764297367669/22January1879IsandlwanaDiorama?feat=directlink#

Very cool Papa Z and thanks very much for sharing them with us. I have made a mental note of these to use for my display.

Remarkable. The whole dio is just outstanding. The landscaping of the terrain and the detail of the figures is unsurpassed, IMO. I like Durnford's last stand and the figures taken from Fripp's painting. Just fantastic. -- Al

Joe,
You photography skills are very impressive as well as the setup.
Brian

Joe

Those pictures could be movie stills displayed in a cinema foyer-Absolutely outstanding and thanks for the link

Reb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back