Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

In Scandinavian countries where the weather is cold and they have a lot of EVs (in Norway it’s 25%), it’s less of an issue because there are enough charging stations, plus people live more in houses than apartments (which is an issue for big cities). It’s basically an infrastructure question here in the U.S. Eventually more stations will be built but right now it’s a problem.

EV buses are not running in Olso due to the cold. Who'da thought? They had to bring out diesel buses for public transportation. Taxis are mandated to become EVs on 1 Nov. It's always good to double down on a mistake.

In Scandinavian countries where the weather is cold and they have a lot of EVs (in Norway it’s 25%), it’s less of an issue because there are enough charging stations, plus people live more in houses than apartments (which is an issue for big cities). It’s basically an infrastructure question here in the U.S. Eventually more stations will be built but right now it’s a problem.

They must have better batteries and chargers over there. They wouldn't charge and couldn't plug them in in Chicago. The technology is not there yet for mass usage. Maybe in 20 years.
Mark

Endless TV commercials during football games that feature Gronk or Reid/Mahomes. At least Reid has some personality but Mahomes is a stiff and Gronk's Peter Pan act is getting stale. How old is he? My favorite is when Gronk calls the insurance agency that provides insurance to former military members and pretends that he qualifies. Who thought that was a good idea? Who is the audience for a commercial that involves a multimillionaire athlete trying to commit fraud to save a few pennies on his insurance by lying about being his military status? Do they want other people to do that?

They must have better batteries and chargers over there. They wouldn't charge and couldn't plug them in in Chicago. The technology is not there yet for mass usage. Maybe in 20 years.
Mark

If they can do in a colder climate over there, no reason they can’t do it here. Obviously the US will need more batteries and chargers.

If they can do in a colder climate over there, no reason they can’t do it here. Obviously the US will need more batteries and chargers.
Yeah like 200 million more chargers and the grid to go with it.
Mark

Mark

Good, I probably won't be upright by then, much less still driving, so i could give a **** less.

But keep ramming something down peoples throats that the technology is not ahead of the concept on, that's always a smart move.

Morons.

EV's in general. I am fine if there are people who want them and want to drive them, but I don't. I like cars, I want a car that sounds like a car, acts like a car, etc. I don't want a Jetsons mobile. Additionally, you can't just mandate it, ridiculous. What kind of choice is that?

Here is an interesting fact for you that is pretty black and white. I rented average 6 or 7 times a month last year, never once choosing a Tesla from Hertz. I must not have been the only one as Hertz announced they are reversing course and divesting of a good portion of their EV cars b/c no one will rent them. It gives a representation of demand. People are not flocking to buy these. If you don't have a full scale home charger, they are really not worth it. And oh by the way, what do you think powers your home charging unit? Yup, the local power grid. What powers that? Mainly oil, gas and coal sources.

On another note - offshore wind in MD cancelled by Orsted, why? Because not financially viable......................and the beat goes on.

TD

EV's in general. I am fine if there are people who want them and want to drive them, but I don't. I like cars, I want a car that sounds like a car, acts like a car, etc. I don't want a Jetsons mobile. Additionally, you can't just mandate it, ridiculous. What kind of choice is that?

Here is an interesting fact for you that is pretty black and white. I rented average 6 or 7 times a month last year, never once choosing a Tesla from Hertz. I must not have been the only one as Hertz announced they are reversing course and divesting of a good portion of their EV cars b/c no one will rent them. It gives a representation of demand. People are not flocking to buy these. If you don't have a full scale home charger, they are really not worth it. And oh by the way, what do you think powers your home charging unit? Yup, the local power grid. What powers that? Mainly oil, gas and coal sources.

On another note - offshore wind in MD cancelled by Orsted, why? Because not financially viable......................and the beat goes on.

TD

This is spot on, totally agree........you want to drive a Jetsons mobile, that's your choice, fine, have at it, you go ahead and save the planet to your hearts content....................I'm not interested in buying one, period, so don't force me into buying something I do not want.

You guys remind me of the Ford truck commercial in heavy rotation at Christmas, where the guy powers his house during a blackout with his electric F-150. That's great, but the commercial tends to imply that the truck just creates its own electricity. I wondered how many people watching that commercial just thought, "Hey! I can power my house with my truck!" as opposed to those who looked at it more skeptically and asked, "Where does the truck get its electricity?"

It's like the commercials for the disaster go-packs, with survival rations, and...heirloom seeds. If we have the kind of disaster the sellers are thinking of, what are you supposed to do with heirloom seeds? They don't say anything about securing a piece of ground for a year to have to grow things on, as well as the tools, fertilizer, water, weapons, etc. I guess you could eat the seeds, if you had to...

Prost!
Brad

Yet another "Wheel of Fortune" story aired on Fox News today. This one concerned whether a contestant had said the hidden phrase "Pink Orchid." Several other news outlets reported the same story. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but you have to wonder at all these silly WoF stories. If I were a conspiracy theorist, my theory here is that the authorities are communicating with some terrorist or criminal like they do in the old movies through the want ads. Otherwise we have reached a new low in the age of Idiocracy.

Weather reports that focus on “what happened” weather wise.

I could care less, please focus on what is going to happen.

It is called a forecast, not a re-cast.

I noticed this thread has 5X more posts and views than "The Things I Really Like" thread. There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Protestors that are allowed to block the road or highway. I don't care about the underlying cause, this is incredibly dangerous for everyone. Drivers are understandably enraged and starting to roll over these folks or physically pull them out of the way. Why do individuals have to get out of their cars to confront these people and risk going to jail for physically removing them? How do the cops allow people to block the roads? It should take about five minutes to arrest them all. Problem solved.

Protestors that are allowed to block the road or highway. I don't care about the underlying cause, this is incredibly dangerous for everyone. Drivers are understandably enraged and starting to roll over these folks or physically pull them out of the way. Why do individuals have to get out of their cars to confront these people and risk going to jail for physically removing them? How do the cops allow people to block the roads? It should take about five minutes to arrest them all. Problem solved.

If it happened in New York, the police would arrest them...........then they'd be let go and go right back to blocking the road.

Like those illegals who attacked those transit police, then were let out shortly thereafter, one of them while walking out of jail was flipping off everyone.

I'm sure that guy will be a solid American and be a big contributor to society.

Wonder why when the news reports a crime and there is a suspect. The news will only report that it was a male not his race. Wonder why, I know why.
That goes right along with racial profiling. When a certain race is committing 85 % of the crime why would I stop a person of the other race on an equal basis?
Look at all these carjackings or smash and grabs what is the common denominator?
I heard this saying a while back. "If I knew what I know now I would have picked my own cotton".
What I wrote above is reality and until people face that it is reality nothing will change and crime will run rampant.

They are afraid of offending someone instead of standing up and telling the truth.
Mark

Pundits and politicians who make claims like "inflation is going down" when what they mean is that it is not going up as fast as it did before. Then wondering why people are still complaining about prices. Imagine a weather person on a 90-degree day characterizing tomorrow at 92 degrees as being cooler because the temp increase is not as great as the day before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back