Things that annoy me (2 Viewers)

But hey it's nice to see Gazans enjoying a day at the beach even if as the whole World is constantly being told that there is famine there and everyone us starving, certainly no one will have the strength left in them for playing Beach Soccer, would they!?
https://youtu.be/41LFC67KgWA?si=oSUXDcY85qtbOYQf

I celebrated my 65th Birthday...OzDigger
user-offline.png

You "whippersnapper!" :smile2:

I've been up and down a ladder for past Three days doing some painting around my house.....not feeling so young today, more like old and worn out ^&grin

Another thing that annoys me is the high cost of tradesmen, but I did save a lot of money doing it myself :wink2:

Yeah, the price of drinks is too high even with unlimited refills. We can afford it but switched to water. Hadn't encountered the napkin conundrum yet. We always ask for extra, maybe they'll start charging for those in the future. :rolleyes2:

No such thing as Free drink refills in Australia, except for water.

The store down from me gave me something like a small mousepad to scan,it's their menu and the prices change so much it was too expensive to keep getting the menu printed.
Mark

Pay at Table is now very common in Australia, there are various Aps available as well as the QR Code on the table. You pay for your meal before you receive it, and they usually try and sneak an additional Gratuity but I delete that, you'll get no tip from me 'mate', that's not the Australian way ^&grin

Yeah meals are crazy prices, I celebrated my 65th Birthday at a local Thai Restaurant early this year. They have 'Prix Fixie' minimum of AUD $110 per person, you choose Three courses from a list, only Five of us and total was over AUD $750, included some expensive cocktails {eek3} Lucky it was my birthday and didn't cost me anything ^&grin

I have a longterm weakness for KFC, a Three piece meal with chips and a drink is now AUD $18, and to add insult to injury they say I can't have any of their famous Coleslaw due to world wide shortage...I said WTH, are vegetables on the endangered list now {eek3} ^&grin

I was going to say Wow you've reached the official retirement age at 65yrs, but then a little birdy corrected me and said no it's 67yrs in Aussie now, which is a real bugger.....{eek3}

I was going to say Wow you've reached the official retirement age at 65yrs, but then a little birdy corrected me and said no it's 67yrs in Aussie now, which is a real bugger.....{eek3}

Yep, I have Retired but have to wait until 67 yrs to receive the Aged Pension. May have to start listing some of my toys on Ebay {eek3}

Yep, I have Retired but have to wait until 67 yrs to receive the Aged Pension. May have to start listing some of my toys on Ebay {eek3}

Nothing wrong with recycling Oz, especially if it allows you to continue to enjoy the hobby and grab the odd new figure......?

Yeah they think because people are living longer that they should work longer.
Mark

FEDEX. They just announced a yearly donation of $5M a yr for the next 5 yrs to Memphis University to hire basketball players (NIL). We customers are paying for that thru exorbitant shipping prices.

Yeah they think because people are living longer that they should work longer.
Mark

Very true Mark.

65yrs is still the official retirement age here in NZ when the Govt starts paying any NZ citizens the pension, however with a rapidly aging population it will probably hike up to 70yrs by the time I get anywhere close to retiring {sm2}

Very true Mark.

65yrs is still the official retirement age here in NZ when the Govt starts paying any NZ citizens the pension, however with a rapidly aging population it will probably hike up to 70yrs by the time I get anywhere close to retiring {sm2}

The US is not any better, we have billions to give to other countries but do not do anything about social security (pensions).
How about we die first and then they pay us!!!

The U.s. giving billions more to Ukraine in a lost cause. They should be using that money to find the cannibals that ate Bidens uncle.

The US is not any better, we have billions to give to other countries but do not do anything about social security (pensions).
How about we die first and then they pay us!!!

Were last on the totem pole. They always are saying that SS is going to run out of money but they can give out billions to foreigner's, illegals, climate, and every other stupid idea they can come up with.
Mark

Were last on the totem pole. They always are saying that SS is going to run out of money but they can give out billions to foreigner's, illegals, climate, and every other stupid idea they can come up with.
Mark

Exactly :( I do not understand it and never will. Why is it that the people that work and pay all these taxes do not get much in return: federal income tax, state tax, county tax, property tax, sales tax, fuel tax, tolls to use the roads....how many times is $1.00 taxed!!@

The U.s. giving billions more to Ukraine in a lost cause. They should be using that money to find the cannibals that ate Bidens uncle.

Yum, yum, eat'um up! ... for those of you who are old enough to remember Our Gang/The Little Rascals.
^&grin

​B.

Exactly :( I do not understand it and never will. Why is it that the people that work and pay all these taxes do not get much in return: federal income tax, state tax, county tax, property tax, sales tax, fuel tax, tolls to use the roads....how many times is $1.00 taxed!!@

I remember reading the average American works until sometime in May to pay the equivalent in taxes you mentioned (you didn't include phone taxes which are used to give cell phones to the "poor"), before earning for himself/herself.

The Lakers blowing double digit leads and losing to Denver time after time. Ten in a row. And then blaming it on the refs. LeBron is getting a lot of criticism but he is still playing great at his age. The losses are not his fault. AD had a great first half but then was pushed around like a child by Jokic when it counted. That was brutal. No one else on the team is showing up.

I'm not understanding how or why universities are tolerating the anti-Israel protest disruptions. This is private property. They can simply ask the police to remove trespassers. Why isn't this happening? I'm at a loss. Do they support the cause? I'm confident if this was some type of conservative movement that every single protestor would be in jail. The upside is that the chickens are coming home to roost. The liberal educational system has created a monster that is now their problem. Karma.

I'm not understanding how or why universities are tolerating the anti-Israel protest disruptions. This is private property. They can simply ask the police to remove trespassers. Why isn't this happening? I'm at a loss. Do they support the cause? I'm confident if this was some type of conservative movement that every single protestor would be in jail. The upside is that the chickens are coming home to roost. The liberal educational system has created a monster that is now their problem. Karma.

Not always a huge fan of Governor Abbott but it was reassuring to see him send in state resources to end the protests at UT.

He condemned anti-Semitic rhetoric and said that those views will not be tolerated on Texas state funded campuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back