Trophy WW1 (2 Viewers)

Well you always seem to be making points especially when it comes to this particular issue.
I suppose and we should all be grateful for that.
Are you the owners Public relations person or something.
Point is that the range has been mothballed and the current owner seems to live in the 1950's in terms of communication,
having a functional website and being contactable by email are fairly essential in 2014.
So owner or not it makes no difference to any of us out here

I'm sorry if I've annoyed you, but a comment was made about recast, I simply set the record straight about ownership. What I am is a friend and colleague of the owner, Ken Jackson. Why that bothers you I don't understand? I know you like to have the occasional dig at Ken but if you've moved on why do you care? Bye the way "living in the 50s", I believe we've just celebrated the twenty fifth anniversary of the invention of the internet.

Martin

I'm sorry if I've annoyed you, but a comment was made about recast, I simply set the record straight about ownership. What I am is a friend and colleague of the owner, Ken Jackson. Why that bothers you I don't understand? I know you like to have the occasional dig at Ken but if you've moved on why do you care? Bye the way "living in the 50s", I believe we've just celebrated the twenty fifth anniversary of the invention of the internet.

Martin

Thanks as always for clarifying things.

Slightly more than academic I think. I was making a point about ownership of the range. I realize that some people may be disappointed that Ken hasn't got the whole ranges in production, he is still the owner. I was also referring to a comment about the WW1 bus which is actually being produced.

Martin
HI MARTIN, WHY DON'T YOU TELL MR JACKSON TO GET WITH LEN AND HAVE HIM SCULPT SOME NEW POSES THAT THEY COULD THEN SELL? like french horse grenidiers or line lancers from the napoleonic collection. or some new american rev pieces. the list has many poosiblities. this way len can have some fun sculpting and creating without all the hassle of owning and running the company. packaging, shipping and all that would be on the new owners who could reap the benifits and of course all the members of the trophy nation would be most grateful. there is just something really special about the trophy figures that nobody has been able to replicate. does anybody agree?

HI MARTIN, WHY DON'T YOU TELL MR JACKSON TO GET WITH LEN AND HAVE HIM SCULPT SOME NEW POSES THAT THEY COULD THEN SELL? like french horse grenidiers or line lancers from the napoleonic collection. or some new american rev pieces. the list has many poosiblities. this way len can have some fun sculpting and creating without all the hassle of owning and running the company. packaging, shipping and all that would be on the new owners who could reap the benifits and of course all the members of the trophy nation would be most grateful. there is just something really special about the trophy figures that nobody has been able to replicate. does anybody agree?

How many do you want?

Martin

With all due respect, this is a WW I thread. Can we take this discussion to another thread and get back to that conflict.

Brad

how many do you want?

Martin

how about 15 horse grenidiers and another 15 line lancers with len's usual variety of poses. Seriosly martin , it would be great if ken could hire len and produce a few more new figures. And brad i didn't forget ww1 but some fighting french infantry would be nice too.

Why can't this be handled as a pm as this has nothing to do with WW I Greg, or start a new thread.

Brad

with all due respect, this is a ww i thread. Can we take this discussion to another thread and get back to that conflict.

Brad

i like wwi too brad. Actually i am awaiting the most expensive set of six trophy i have ever bought, the standing firing turks. It has to be one of the most rare sets. Now i just need the mtd on horse turkish officer and bugler.

Wasn't that the one that went for £191? Too rich for me. I just picked up five WWI sets and have three more on the way. Will post photos at the right opportunity.

Brad

how about 15 horse grenidiers and another 15 line lancers with len's usual variety of poses. Seriosly martin , it would be great if ken could hire len and produce a few more new figures. And brad i didn't forget ww1 but some fighting french infantry would be nice too.

Are you really serious? Len is 84 years old and has health problems... I understand you desperatly need some Trophy figures , but just have respect to his retirement.

are you really serious? Len is 84 years old and has health problems... I understand you desperatly need some trophy figures , but just have respect to his retirement.

wow, the years really have gone by, it just seems like he was 73 yesterday, but i thought he might want something to do. My dad is 85 , still works out and goes into his old work a couple days a week, so you never know. Len might be itching to sculpt a few. For fun and without all the headaches and pressure. If he doesn't thats great to. He has given us all alot of pleasure with his creations and i will thank him again now and as i have done many times before for making such splendid fogures and getting me into collecting again. Thanks len

wasn't that the one that went for £191? Too rich for me. I just picked up five wwi sets and have three more on the way. Will post photos at the right opportunity.

Brad

i agree brad but sometimes , just sometimes you have to pay up. I heard for years that there were only 12 each of the turkish sets made. I do not know if those are just the mounted figures or not. But even mike at trophy of texas never had a picture of the turks firing because i believe he never stocked it. I just hope they come in one piece

Greg,

A fellow Forum member purchased a set around the same time and I think it was from the same seller and he told me the set was well packed.

Brad

Thanks to a heads up from good friend Brad, I picked up 4 Trophy WWI sets I wanted: 2 Aussie sets from the Galipoli campaign, and marching Americans and Scots from the Western front. Photos to follow upon receipt.:smile2:

Glad to help Louis. I picked up an artillery piece, a German set and British set.

Brad

Glad to help Louis. I picked up an artillery piece, a German set and British set.

Brad

Brad,
Which artillery piece did you get?

I scored some French, Brit Pioneers, USMC and US Head of the Column.

TD

Please remind us which set that is.
Photos will be appreciated as always.

Hi Damian

I'm sure Brad won't mind me piping in here, if you have the MKL catalogue it's on page 103

Over to Brad for his pictures :wink2:

Cheers

Martyn:)

Not at all Martyn. I will gladly post a photo when I receive it sometime late next week. Tom was telling me today that there are an older and newer version. I'm not sure which one I'm getting. I know there is a photo in Larry Lo's artillery album page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back