What else do you collect beside toy soldiers (3 Viewers)

Re: What else you collect,beside toy soldiers

Great to see the variety of collections that members have posted, some real interesting items, great thread as well...Sammy

Yes, great thread. Its always interesting to see what other people collect.

Been playing and collecting these since 1975. Any of you ever heard of Strat O Matic Baseball?

It's has been computerized as well.

Carlos

View attachment 198387
View attachment 198388

I remember playing Strat O Matic Baseball. My friends and I would order the entire league set. We also played the Football and Basketball versions.

Those cards use to drive me nuts, Homerun 1-19, Fly-out 20. Ii seems I would always pick 20.

Brian

Last edited:

Here are the reasons why I missed the OTSN Chicago show this past weekend. The Sunday before the Chicgo show I attended a large artifact auction and successfully acquired the items pictured below. However, in doing so I spent all my $$$ which negated my being able to attend OTSN. The good news is that I am very happy with my new additions to my artifact collection.
:smile2: Mike

Late Adena Culture blade made from Ohio gem stone quality Flint Ridge flint. Early to middle woodland time period 200 BC to 100 AD

Adena or Hopewell Culture cone/hemisphere made from banded green slate. Early to middle woodland time period, 500 BC to 500 AD

Late Adena Culture blade made from Ohio Flint Ridge flint. Early to middle woodland time period 200 BC to 100 AD

and the best of all . . . . Adena Culture Keyhole Gorget made from glacial slate. Early to middle woodland time period 500 BC to 100 AD

Last edited:

Here are the reasons why I missed the OTSN Chicago show this past weekend. The Sunday before the Chicgo show I attended a large artifact auction and successfully acquired the items pictured below. However, in doing so I spent all my $$$ which negated my being able to attend OTSN. The good news is that I am very happy with my new additions to my artifact collection.

Late Adena Culture blade made from Ohio gem stone quality Flint Ridge flint. Early to middle woodland time period 200 BC to 100 AD

Adena or Hopewell Culture cone/hemisphere made from banded green slate. Early to middle woodland time period, 500 BC to 500 AD

Late Adena Culture blade made from Ohio Flint Ridge flint. Early to middle woodland time period 200 BC to 100 AD

and the best of all . . . . Adena Culture Keyhole Gorget made from glacial slate. Early to middle woodland time period 500 BC to 100 AD

Fantastic acquisitions, Mike!^&cool^&cool

Neat stuff Mike. I'm always interested in artifacts. I remember years ago I asked you to post your Indian artifacts and you had quite a collection. Very cool.^&cool

Just added something to my collection I've always wanted: a museum quality 1:30 scale model ship in a cherrywood and glass display case:

Attachments

• Model Ship 1.jpg
    Model Ship 1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Model Ship 2.jpg
    Model Ship 2.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Model Ship 3.jpg
    Model Ship 3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 294

A few more photos:

Attachments

• Model Ship 4.jpg
    Model Ship 4.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Model Ship 5.jpg
    Model Ship 5.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 276
  • Model Ship 6.jpg
    Model Ship 6.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 296

1/1 scale autos,,lol

My wife just bought me an unbelievable birthday present: a 5 inch diameter circa 1790 English Celestial Globe for my antique globe collection!

Attachments

• Celestial Globe, 1790 1.jpg
    Celestial Globe, 1790 1.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 320
  • Celestial Globe, 1790 2.jpg
    Celestial Globe, 1790 2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 342
  • Celestial Globe, 1790 3.jpg
    Celestial Globe, 1790 3.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

And for Christmas, a 19th Century scrimshaw Walrus Tusk Cribbage Board by renowned Inuit artist, "Happy Jack":

Attachments

• Happy Jack Cribbage Board 6.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 6.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Happy Jack Cribbage Board 5.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Happy Jack Cribbage Board 4.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 288

A few more photos (anybody know how to play Cribbage?):

Attachments

• Happy Jack Cribbage Board 1.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Happy Jack Cribbage Board 2.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 289
  • Happy Jack Cribbage Board 3.jpg
    Happy Jack Cribbage Board 3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 319

Very nice Louis, I used to play it many years ago. My dad made a cribbage board out of a rifle butt and shell casing for legs...........wonder if he still has it?

Cribbage is one of the best card games. Sadly, I forgot how to play almost every game with cards, except poker, blackjack and rummy. Growing up in the sixties and seventies, I played a lot of cards.

I know how to play Cribbage . . . . one of my favorite card games . . . . . . 15 for 2!

Never played the game, interesting that the meal room on mining and construction sites in Australia is sometimes called the "Crib Room". Usually it's in a rented transportable building that's often called a Donga, for reasons unknown.

When we played crib , we played a version called "Muggans". After you counted your hand , the ooposition could look for points used missed and add them to their score . You sure learned to count carefully

Best Kirk

I know how to play Cribbage . . . . one of my favorite card games . . . . . . 15 for 2!

Cribbage is a great game for kids and older people, because you need to think and add points very quickly. It keeps you on your toes.

When we played crib , we played a version called "Muggans". After you counted your hand , the ooposition could look for points used missed and add them to their score . You sure learned to count carefully

Best Kirk

Kirk . . . . That's how we play cribbage at our house . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back