Why I'm not buying anymore 1/30 armour (3 Viewers)

There is nothing wrong with your computer or the Forum, do not attempt to adjust your computer, Ixec is now controlling the transmission. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the Ixec Limits.

When Ixec is done, he will return control of your computer and the Forum to you, until next time, when Ixec takes you to the Ixec Limits :eek:

(the customized intro and closing of the Outer Limits, for you non Outer Limits fans)

There is nothing wrong with your computer or the Forum, do not attempt to adjust your computer, Ixec is now controlling the transmission. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the Ixec Limits.

When Ixec is done, he will return control of your computer and the Forum to you, until next time, when Ixec takes you to the Ixec Limits :eek:

(the customized intro and closing of the Outer Limits, for you non Outer Limits fans)
I am all for open comment and debate and even a fair amount of frippery but perhaps this thread should be the one entitled "Is there no end to this?".:eek::D Actually don't cut it short on my account.

I am all for open comment and debate and even a fair amount of frippery but perhaps this thread should be the one entitled "Is there no end to this?".:eek::D Actually don't cut it short on my account.

I was trying to inject a bit of levity since Paul is good at verse. I guess I'm not that good :eek:

Quote...[ There is nothing wrong with your computer or the Forum, do not attempt to adjust your computer, Ixec is now controlling the transmission. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the Ixec Limits ]

[ When Ixec is done, he will return control of your computer and the Forum to you, until next time, when Ixec takes you to the Ixec Limits ]

LOL....:D

Don't get me started.....

If you start me up
If you start me up I'll never stop
If you start me up
I've been running hot
You got me ticking gonna blow my top
If you start me up
Never stop, never stop, never stop

You make a grown man cry (x3)
Spread out the oil, the gasoline
I walk smooth, ride in a mean, mean machine
Start it up

If you start it up
Kick on the starter give it all you got, you got, you got
I can't compete with the riders in the other heats
If you rough it up
If you like it you can slide it up,
Slide it up, slide it up, slide it up

Don't make a grown man cry (x3)
My eyes dilate, my lips go green
My hands are greasy
She's a mean, mean machine
Start it up

If start me up
Ahh... give it all you got
You got to never, never, never stop
Slide it up, baby just slide it up
Slide it up, slide it up, never, never, never

You make a grown man cry (x3)
Ride like the wind at double speed
I'll take you places that you've never, never seen
If you start it up
Love the day when we will never stop, never stop
Never, never, never stop
Tough me up
Never stop, never stop

:rolleyes:

I think you should be appointed the poet laureate of the Forum :). I'm just a pale imitation.

RE “Taking Criticism… Catching Flak”

Hi Guys,

Here’s my tuppence worth… If K&C products were as “cartoonish” in their colour schemes and/or if the company was as backward (as in “one step forward, two steps back”) as IXEC would have you believe then we would have been out of business a long time ago!!!

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy C.

Re: RE “Taking Criticism… Catching Flak”

Hi Guys,

Here’s my tuppence worth… If K&C products were as “cartoonish” in their colour schemes and/or if the company was as backward (as in “one step forward, two steps back”) as IXEC would have you believe then we would have been out of business a long time ago!!!

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy C.

He that climbs the tall tree has won right to the fruit, He that leaps the wide gulf should prevail in his suit.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.

Gentlemen,
What do they put in the drinking water in Cambridge, Maine. Heaven help us if it spreads to the other towns and cities of the US of A.
Cheers Howard

An interesting thread which I have just read.
I am a K&C dealer so making that clear up front. I am biased and with very good reason !
The way I see it is that for whatever reasons UKsubs has gone off K&C. That is his right. I did however note that only ten days before this post he started a post called Best of British praising the recent allied tanks. It seems the comments made by the friend whose house he visited started him thinking (I am guessing a good modeller).
Comparisons with some of the other item he mentions are interesting and my experience in Australia is similar to George (Warrior).
I used to sell 21st Century, FOV, and Dragon 1/72 and 1/35. All were good value items. 21st Century has gone.
FOV died after only a few years and there is little interest in it (correct me if I am wrong but didn't they start selling to Walmart ijn USA and prices came down and then faded alltogether ?). I noted Uksubs posted images of two 1/16 FOV tanks and I noted his price was way below what it would have been in Australia, which suggests discounting to clear. I recall prices in USA were much much cheaper than in Oz which is hard to understand and made me lose interest over time.
Dragon 1/72 were good for a while (at one point I would have had biggest selection in Oz) but for me became a joke as they only thought Germany was in WWII and took too long to do the Allies (they released different versions of a Maus before did a Sherman !!!)., My emails to Dragon HQ and Dragon USA were never answered and the Dragon agent said Dragon HQ would not listen . My 1/35 Dragon sales were neglibile and you could not do a good diorama as no figures.
Comparing 21st Century, FOV, and Dragon 1/35 to armour by K&C, Figarti, CS and FL is not a realistic comparison especially if the brand is no longer available or selling. The other aspect is pricing and as a dealer you know a brand is in trouble when it is being offered at big discounts at wholesale and retail. Good for the customer for a while but usually means the brand is dying soon.
Despite what some may think or say about K&C products the fact is they must be doing something right as still going strong after 26 years.
Just my thoughts.
Regards
Brett

Just a further thought on FOV 1/16 Tanks.
I remember when the first 1/16 Tank came out (the one in the wooden crate) I did some calculations based on what I knew wholesale price to be and some educated calculations on mould and production costs. I don't think FOV would have made much profit on it all if any.
Their second Tank was different version of same tank and would have made money as mould cost covered. Last one I was aware of was a Sherman and in Australia that was almost 50% more expensive than the first tank which was a Tiger (or King Tiger). The difference in price could be explained by more realistic pricing factoring in the mould costs properly.
I never ordered a Sherman as almost A$1000. The first tank was A$650.
This suggests they underpriced on the first one and could not maintain it.
Have not follwed FOV much in last few years but did they only do four 1/16 vehicles ?
Just as an example to compare. I had some dealings with the factory that made the USS MIssouri for Franklin Mint in about 1998. I was told the pre-production costs (ie design and mould) was US$750,000. That is before a single model comes off the production line. Only viable because a ship with a long and interesting history and big crew. Compare that to the work in the FOV 1/16 first tank which was a Ltd Ed of 2,000 and you will perhaps understand why I thought FOV made no money. Would be interesting to know how many Missouri's were sold and if still selling in USA.
Regards
Brett

Gentlemen,
What do they put in the drinking water in Cambridge, Maine. Heaven help us if it spreads to the other towns and cities of the US of A.
Cheers Howard

Actually Howard, MA is not Maine, but Massachusetts, so the City of Cambridge is actually in my home state....:eek:

He that climbs the tall tree has won right to the fruit, and as a result, he is at the top and all the people on the ground are throwing his disguarded fruit at him for whatever foolish reason...

Fixed it for you.

Just a further thought on FOV 1/16 Tanks.
I remember when the first 1/16 Tank came out (the one in the wooden crate) I did some calculations based on what I knew wholesale price to be and some educated calculations on mould and production costs. I don't think FOV would have made much profit on it all if any.
Their second Tank was different version of same tank and would have made money as mould cost covered. Last one I was aware of was a Sherman and in Australia that was almost 50% more expensive than the first tank which was a Tiger (or King Tiger). The difference in price could be explained by more realistic pricing factoring in the mould costs properly.
I never ordered a Sherman as almost A$1000. The first tank was A$650.
This suggests they underpriced on the first one and could not maintain it.
Have not follwed FOV much in last few years but did they only do four 1/16 vehicles ?
Just as an example to compare. I had some dealings with the factory that made the USS MIssouri for Franklin Mint in about 1998. I was told the pre-production costs (ie design and mould) was US$750,000. That is before a single model comes off the production line. Only viable because a ship with a long and interesting history and big crew. Compare that to the work in the FOV 1/16 first tank which was a Ltd Ed of 2,000 and you will perhaps understand why I thought FOV made no money. Would be interesting to know how many Missouri's were sold and if still selling in USA.
Regards
Brett
Hi Brett FOV are still going strong & there making a 1/16 Panzer 4 next year , + 1/32 Jagdtiger next month + a lot more , I paid £200.00 for my 1/16 Sherman

I was trying to inject a bit of levity since Paul is good at verse. I guess I'm not that good :eek:
I wasn't talking about you Brad. I see the mean spirited, master baiter brigade just couldn't resist displaying their penchant for intelligent and insightful comment however.:p It is odd as usual what is considered appropriate and what is not.:rolleyes:

He that climbs the tall tree has won right to the fruit, He that leaps the wide gulf should prevail in his suit.

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.

All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.

I understand line 1, also I get line 2 and agree with both.

Line 3 is a head scratcher, are you saying all you need is to be ignorant and confident and you will therefore succeed? And I assume since you quoted ANdy's post you are applying that to K&C??? This gets stranger by the minute.

I have a little spare time today, and have searched the Forum for interesting discussion. I love the realism issue. And I am a veteran of many battles concerning this issue. So what is my opinion ?

At Battle Scene Productions we get to see just about everything. And nothing produced in the past few years is too bad. To explain all of my thoughts would be way too long of an explanation.

So here is the short of it. There is some inconsistency by all of the manufacturers, but if you are talking realism. (To me that means looking like a well built and detailed 1/35th scale model) I would have to go with Figarti on vehicles. We can see the realism of a particular product by how it looks when we film it (CS FIGURES seem to do the best in that area). First Legion seems like they should be the best, but there is something that bothers me about their figures, which I cant put my finger on.

I own plenty of K&C and Collectors Showcase vehicles, and they are very nice also. And FOV has a strange place in all of this, but they are a different yet formidable animal. Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back