Why I'm not buying anymore 1/30 armour (2 Viewers)

Re: RE “Taking Criticism… Catching Flak”

There must be a whole lot of succesfull people out there if ignorance and confidence is a factor
Mitch

I understand line 1, also I get line 2 and agree with both.

Line 3 is a head scratcher, are you saying all you need is to be ignorant and confident and you will therefore succeed? And I assume since you quoted ANdy's post you are applying that to K&C??? This gets stranger by the minute.

There must be a whole lot of succesfull people out there if ignorance and confidence is a factor
Mitch

I agree. But I still don't understand the quote and how it applied to K&C. Is it an insult? I just don't get it.

TD

I used to think I was intelligent until I came on here but, its quite baffled me. I would think its not complimentary with some comments against him lately
Mitch

I agree. But I still don't understand the quote and how it applied to K&C. Is it an insult? I just don't get it.

TD

Photo of Forces of valor 1/32 scale Jagdtiger tank witch will cost £49.99
20100207-202149-828-1.jpg

uksubs....

Nice paint job. I hope they do Otto Carius last tiger though, this one is not to far off. Thanks for the pics
Mitch

Photo of Forces of valor 1/32 scale Jagdtiger tank witch will cost £49.99
20100207-202149-828-1.jpg

I guess Alex I will be keeping my own counsel when it comes to the opinion on realism. Opinions without rationale are interesting but do not enough information to lend to much critical discussion.;) I do love your work though.:)

I guess Alex I will be keeping my own counsel when it comes to the opinion on realism. Opinions without rationale are interesting but do not enough information to lend to much critical discussion.;) I do love your work though.:)

The rationale is not rocket science. We have done more dioramas than just about anyone. And we are in possession of everyones figures. That is a lot of visual input.

Look at our scenes, what looks good and what looks not so good. We say Figarti Vehicles look best, and Collectors Showcase figures convey the most natural realism. Simple....but just our opinion....Alex

I understand line 1, also I get line 2 and agree with both.

Line 3 is a head scratcher, are you saying all you need is to be ignorant and confident and you will therefore succeed? And I assume since you quoted ANdy's post you are applying that to K&C??? This gets stranger by the minute.

Tom, I have noticed that this plan of action has worked for some fasion models and movie stars but I haven't yet seen it applied to the cut-throat toy soldier industry :eek:

uksubs....

Nice paint job. I hope they do Otto Carius last tiger though, this one is not to far off. Thanks for the pics
Mitch
Have you read Otto Caruis book Tigers in the Mud ? make for good reading

UKsubs,
Interesting to see FOV still going. Certainly pretty dead in OZ. Your 200 pounds price is way below wholesale here so not surprising a dead product down here.
Regards
Brett

Don't want this to sound either big headed or, blase but, I have the book signed by Otto from some of my travels through germany etc interveiwing surviving german soldiers I was intending to undertake a PhD on the information I ended up with and, managed to interview about 20 properly sometimes, on a number of occasions and, spoke with many more at events and ceremony's as such. Then who would guess I ended up doing a work on police corruption which, was funded for me. But, as someone said on here when I mentioned it not everyones cup of tea but, I enjoyed it. I may do a book as many of them are not around or, now not speaking anymore which, is a great shame.

A good read...

He was everything, Michael Wittmann was...and More ;)

Don't want this to sound either big headed or, blase but, I have the book signed by Otto from some of my travels through germany etc interveiwing surviving german soldiers I was intending to undertake a PhD on the information I ended up with and, managed to interview about 20 properly sometimes, on a number of occasions and, spoke with many more at events and ceremony's as such. Then who would guess I ended up doing a work on police corruption which, was funded for me. But, as someone said on here when I mentioned it not everyones cup of tea but, I enjoyed it. I may do a book as many of them are not around or, now not speaking anymore which, is a great shame.

Great stuff Mitch

The rationale is not rocket science. We have done more dioramas than just about anyone. And we are in possession of everyones figures. That is a lot of visual input.

Look at our scenes, what looks good and what looks not so good. We say Figarti Vehicles look best, and Collectors Showcase figures convey the most natural realism. Simple....but just our opinion....Alex
As you say, just your opinion.:) Doing many dioramas gives you access but not a monopoly on a good eye of course.;)

I think the only thing I can say about that is for me, CS zimmeritt is a bit unreal looking on their tanks. For me, its done to deep. I have seen your dio's and they are great but, I have also seen some with other makers which, also look very realistic. Dio work is the easy part IMO its the photography that really, in my case sets the scene, and is hard work.
Mitch

As you say, just your opinion.:) Doing many dioramas gives you access but not a monopoly on a good eye of course.;)

Ah...most interesting Mitch,

Did you tape record your interviews? How long ago did you do this? I to have heard about some not speaking anymore, could you elaborate on this, as to why their not?

Regards,
Paul

IXEC...

I have always been interested in this stuff and, started some whilst at Uni etc. Its not easy as there are the usual suspicions about why you want to do this but, perseverance paid off.Through the nineties I stopped properly travelling about 2004. Though I still contact some every now and then. No, none of the stuff was done on tape all transcript etc as many were reluctant and rightly so with the ever present spectre of a sudden alleged war crime issue. I wanted to do something along the lines of the stackpole range of books with oral histories as well as the usual facts of the battles but, never got around to it and, went in another direction.

Its amazing how many veterans were still alive (some still are I believe as I have not heard otherwise) who were famous/infamous whichever, way one thinks about them people like Woll,Barkmann egger Carius Ribbentrop (the son of foriegn minister von Ribbentrop) who was a Hauptsturmfuhrer in the LAH and HJ.

They are probably quieting down as there has been a rise in revisiting their actions in terms of villification and retribution many recent tv programmes about Nazi hunters etc so, I would think they want to live their remaining years in peace.

I have also done interveiws with UK veterans from all services with the same intention but, if nothing comes from it then I have some nice WWII memorabilia
Mitch

hen
Ah...most interesting Mitch,

Did you tape record your interviews? How long ago did you do this? I to have heard about some not speaking anymore, could you elaborate on this, as to why their not?

Regards,
Paul

It never ceases to amaze what people require of their "toys". It is impossible to recreate a man or machine in these scales which is so completely true to life. To even approach it is impressive enough. The fact that there are makers in the hobby who do approach it is simply amazing.

When a maker is sculpting and re-creating, there is emphasis on various and different aspects of the vehicle or figure being focused on. Seems K&C has left certain things out while focusing on others. One thing I've noticed about Figarti, for example, is there focus tigging, weld joins and the texture of the metal. Beautiful touches but I am sure they fall down a bit on other things.

The First Legion product is outrageous. Stunning. They go that extra mile (or ten) but there is a price and scale issue. With the First Legion vehicles, people have been critical of been critical of the weight of the model. People used to the polystone heft felt that the FL stuff was somehow cheaper because the weight was so much less. It's kind of like going to a top rated restaurant and complaining the portion is too small while going to a really crappy diner and saying "at least the portion was really big".

You're never going to get it the way you want it no matter what you do. If you are that adamant that you get what you want either do it yourself or find a modeler to do custom work who will tolerate you. Neither is an easy option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back