The American Civil War Diaries (8 Viewers)

Actually, I like your dioramas more that you don't use digital effects.

Brad

Many thanks for all of your kind comments guys very much appreciated. Especially after having filled my loft with smoke which immediately set off both fire alarms. Certainly was a bit of a panic to remove the batteries before my beloved called the fire brigade. Have had a bit more success using a converted bee smoker and cartridge.

Steve, thanks for your suggestion -a perfectly sound idea but I'm a bit of an analogue man when it comes to designing/constructing dioramas-Adding/enhancing or using photo-shop type tools on my photographs always made me feel like I was cheating just a bit {sm2}. Yeah! I know call me old fashioned^&grin
Bob

Bob

Yes you're like a craftsman who is proud of his work and quite rightly too. I think everyone admires your dioramas.
I see what you mean about photo shopping and feeling like you would be cheating a bit.
Alas for myself I do use photos as background as I don't have the skill or eyesight to do so many minute models. But I am working at improving what I can do !

Steve

All these Antietam scenes look great, but that first scene with the Rebs stacked up behind the fence line is stunning!!

Walt

Bob,
Another winner; as much as I enjoy your non combat scenes, ones like this really grab me and are right in my wheelhouse. It's obvious a great deal of planning and work went into this one, positioning each figure just so to convey a story, it's one of your best efforts to date IMO.

Your work inspires me to keep raising my game and doing a better job with each diorama I work on, so thanks for providing that to me.................

Bob: Fantastic work....incredible accuracy of an incredible ACW battle. This depiction is really one of the best you have done.

What can I say? Only endorse the comments of the other admirers.Brilliant work.Well done that man.

Bob, I am a Wisconsin grad and Iron Brigade aficionado, and my great, great grandfather's North Carolina regiment fought in the vicinity of the Cornfield. I was excited to see your diorama. So much action packed into that scene and done in your usual brilliant style.

Thanks for the comments guys and good to see you posting again Kevin-much like you I too have been AWOL for some twelve months. I need to muster the Yank & Reb armies, dust them off and get them on the march again :wink2:

Bob

Welcome back Bob! Amazing as always!! ^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool^&cool By the way, any chance you are visiting this side of the pond anytime soon? I would love to see you again!:smile2:

Nice to see you posting again Bob; keep those epic, sweeping battle related dioramas coming, love the latest one, which is what I've come to expect from you.

Hope you are well...………..

An excellent series of photos. Great to see your thread continuing.

Steve

Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday fellow Froggers

Bob the UKReb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back