The American Civil War Diaries (12 Viewers)

Merry Christmas Bob!! 🙂Next time you and your lovely wife make it across the pond, I will have some wonderful Civil War memorabilia to show you.😎😎

Great to see this thread resurrected, billiant!

Merry Christmas Bob.

Tom

You should be setting up displays for museums.Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Mark

Bob mate,
Bloody outstanding Dio cobber. Best wishes to you and Trudi for a great Christmas and New Years. I was talking to your son Paul on the phone a day or two ago and he mentioned you may be down under in January. If so, Jen and I would love to catch for Dinner and a nice bottle or two of Red.^&grin

Cheers Howard

Thanks for your kind comments guys. The picture below is one of my favourite models of Bobby Lee. It came as a metal kit some years ago and I now cannot remember the manufacturer. However, I like to think that I captured the great man's serene look.

I am reminded of one of his many wise quotes which is perhaps appropriate for this time of year

"I like whiskey. I always did and that is why I never drink it"

Bob

Beautiful scene Bob. Now, are you tempted by the latest Alamo releases? :smile2: Chris

Fantastic Bob, as always! Thanks for sharing this with us. It's been a long time and you couldn't have picked a better time of year to post these.

Now that you've shared these with us you have to know that we are clamoring for more. Hope to see more of your great work in the new year.

Mark

Thanks for your kind comments guys. The picture below is one of my favourite models of Bobby Lee. It came as a metal kit some years ago and I now cannot remember the manufacturer. However, I like to think that I captured the great man's serene look.

I am reminded of one of his many wise quotes which is perhaps appropriate for this time of year

"I like whiskey. I always did and that is why I never drink it"

Bob

What an excellent job you done on both the figure and all the scenic details.

Another masterpiece :salute:::salute:::salute::

Steve

Fantastic shots of the two opposing commands. It's enough to get anyone who has money left after Christmas into collecting the American Civil War :salute::

Steve

Pickett's Division approach the Emmitsburg Road - 2.45pm through 3.00pm on 3rd July 1863.

Before reaching the road, Garnett's brigade frontage shrank about 700 feet - an average of one man from the ranks missing for every five feet of advance

An estimated 3,000 of some 5,700 Confederate infantrymen in the first wave who began the advance neither ever reached or crossed the Emmitsburg Road

Fry's regiment, followed quickly by Marshall's and what was left of Davis' command scrambled over the first post and rail fence only to be met with a withering and murderous hail of Federal infantry fire

The Confederates now raced across the road to scale the second high rail fence with orders to reform in the drainage ditch on the eastern side but by doing so their lines naturally swung facing southeast, thereby changing the planned direction of the advance away from Cemetery Hill toward Cemetery Ridge and its Federal batteries

As the Confederates reformed Cushing's Federal Battery positioned at the Angle prepared to send a canister round toward Garnett's line at a range of less than three hundred yards

Reb

Bob, these are fantastic shots. They capture the determination and the desperation of the attack, plus the confusion caused by the rail fence. The ground work is, as always, superb and it all makes these moments in time very realistic. Congratulations on such fine work. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back