The American Civil War Diaries (3 Viewers)

Bob...
another group of epic Civil War pictures...
very nice...
my favorite is the Union artillery pic...

Bob . . . Another one of your ACW photograph series that's absolutely awe striking . . . extremely well done sir . . . .
:smile2: Mike

Reb,

Next time you and your lovely wife visit us, we can take a car trip to Gettysburg, and stay a couple of days. One of the local hotels we've stayed at has a real Union Parrot Gun in the lobby. My son and I take at least two guided tours (one on the general battle, and one on a specific element, for example, what the 39th New York did at Gettysburg) every time we go. The guide hops in my Jeep (depicted below with our Aussie Mate Tom at the wheel), and takes us all over the battlefield. My son even found a federal bullet the last time we went. I would love to experience this hallowed place with you.

Louis

Attachments

• Aussie Tom Noeber 2.jpg
    Aussie Tom Noeber 2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 262
Al/Wayne/Michael/Mike

Many thanks for your kind comments

Louis my friend that sounds like a grand plan. Let's see how this year develops :wink2:

Bob

Reb,

Next time you and your lovely wife visit us, we can take a car trip to Gettysburg, and stay a couple of days. One of the local hotels we've stayed at has a real Union Parrot Gun in the lobby. My son and I take at least two guided tours (one on the general battle, and one on a specific element, for example, what the 39th New York did at Gettysburg) every time we go. The guide hops in my Jeep (depicted below with our Aussie Mate Tom at the wheel), and takes us all over the battlefield. My son even found a federal bullet the last time we went. I would love to experience this hallowed place with you.

Louis

Al/Wayne/Michael/Mike

Many thanks for your kind comments

Louis my friend that sounds like a grand plan. Let's see how this year develops :wink2:

Bob

Bob

I guarantee you'll have a blast driving Louis's jeep around the bush although there's not much around his neck of the woods but we did find a wee little track to bounce around on!

Louis is a fantastic host and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with him and his family.

Tom

Bob

I guarantee you'll have a blast driving Louis's jeep around the bush although there's not much around his neck of the woods but we did find a wee little track to bounce around on!

Louis is a fantastic host and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with him and his family.

Tom

Tom, my friend (or Cobber), you are welcome anytime! Bob, if you can make it, we will show you a fantastic time.:smile2:

Stunning photos as usual.

I really like the way the viewer can see an explosion taking place in the background!
Excellent.

Walt

The Battle for Miller's cornfield : Antietam - September 17th 1862

Hooker's 1st Brigade enter the cornfield on the northern section of the battlefield

Law's Brigade and Hood's Texas Brigade crashed into the cornfield to counter the advance of Hooker's brigade

One Union Colonel later wrote "A long and steady line of rebel gray, came sweeping down on us like a scythe running through our line

Swiftly reaching the northern edge of the cornfield in hot pursuit of Hooker's men, the 1st and 5th Texas brigades were met with a devastating volley let loose from a brigade of Pennsylvanians

Staggered but undaunted the Texans returned fire where the contest soon became one of total attrition

Slowly and deliberately the Texans backed out of the cornfield toward the Dunker Church. Of the 226 men who followed the Lone Star banner into the cornfield over 82% were casualties. The 1st Texas thus earned the distinction of suffering the most casualties proportional to the number engaged of any regiment, North or South.

Reb

What a nice surprise. This popped up while looking at the TF Forum. Stunning scenes as always Bob. What are you using for corn, very realistic. Chris

Brilliant, Bob. Superb rendering of the slaughter in the cornfield. -- Al

Bob, your dio looks that real I reckon I could pop in there and pick myself some corn! Awesome mate and love the little story as always.

Tom

Masterful work Bob. I especially love how you present the history of this war in your dio's.

It's not only a great history lesson but also a joy to view your work of art.

Mark

Bob...

I feel like I was there...

Miller's Cornfield...

Texans under Hood...

a devastating defeat for the Texans...
way before my time...
but that one hits home...
the last pic of them retreating is eerily spooky to me...

an expert job on recanting the story through pics and text....
I especially love the ground work, foliage and trees...

Union Artillery Battery

Supportive Enfilade Fire

"Fire"

The Devastating Effects on the Advancing Confederates

The Aftermath

Reb

I don't know how you so seamlessly match different manufacturers,terrain and background photos to make outstanding dios. You are truly a master of this art. {bravo}}{bravo}}{bravo}}:salute::
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back