Things that annoy me (5 Viewers)

Have to give Stern credit, he dove deep into what all Americans were wondering; what brand of cereal does Harris have for breakfast.

What a fraud and a sellout he has become.

They did ask her on the View "If you could change anything from the past 4 years, what would it be?".............ok, there's her chance.........."Not have the border wide open/do a better job with government spending/have a better foreign policy/get tougher of crime"..........Nope; she said "I wouldn't change anything."

She manages to screw up the easy questions too.
I think Stern had some type of mental breakdown during COVID. He is a hypochondriac and went Howard Hughes in his basement. He was effectively brainwashed. What is really odd is that 90% of his audience is white, male, and working class. The very types who likely are most offended by his politics. Stern insults his own audience when he says that he can't understand how anyone votes for Trump. And why would anyone who espouses women rights even go on that show with its long history of degrading women in the most vulgar way imaginable? The whole thing is bizarre.

I feel bad for the folks who have lost their homes in the recent storms but you have to wonder how long that the insurance industry and government can continue to fund the tens of billions spent to repair the damage after each storm. Because of the enormous overbuilding in hurricane and fire zones, every such event now causes exponential damage. I'm not sure what the answer is as it is impossible to undo the situation. Maybe less money spent for others causes. Israel is blowing up buildings in Lebanon with US weapons and we are paying to rebuild them. Regardless of the underlying politics, that is not a coherent policy. Some hard decisions need to be made.

It's weirdly fascinating to watch people on the Key West live webcam standing at the southernmost point as the hurricane rolls in and they are getting battered by the surf. You have to wonder at the mentality of such people to ignore the warnings and walk down to the water for selfies etc. And not just a few knuckleheads.

I think Stern had some type of mental breakdown during COVID. He is a hypochondriac and went Howard Hughes in his basement. He was effectively brainwashed. What is really odd is that 90% of his audience is white, male, and working class. The very types who likely are most offended by his politics. Stern insults his own audience when he says that he can't understand how anyone votes for Trump. And why would anyone who espouses women rights even go on that show with its long history of degrading women in the most vulgar way imaginable? The whole thing is bizarre.
Howard Stern is pretty easy to read especially if you read his book. Basically he is an ego maniac who starved for attention, fame and fortune in that order. He developed a persona in order to at the end of the day, make money. His first wife I am sure could really lay it out. End of day, he has played the perfect con on his fans and audience. He got your money, he owns his station, he no longer needs money, so he feels empowered to tell people how to think and he is arrogant enough to think people respect him. He may just be one of the greatest frauds in history.

TD

Stern is an overgrown adolescent. When I was still an overgrown adolescent, I thought he was funny. That lasted through the 90s. I enjoyed the sophomoric humor. But it was really more about the ensemble he put together, not Howard by himself.
After 9/11, he spent more time spouting his poorly-thought-out political philosophy, and I had also grown up a little, and he just wasn't that funny anymore. So when he left terrestrial radio for satellite, that was a good opportunity to move on.
I still remember bits from his show in the early and mid-90s, and they're amusing. But you just get to the point where you outgrow him.

Bruce Springsteen is a similar phony. The guy never worked a day in his life but he is somehow supposed to be the blue collar working-class representative. LOL. He played his audience for fools. He is nothing more than a celeb dancing like a circus monkey to the establishment tune.

Bruce Springsteen is a similar phony. The guy never worked a day in his life but he is somehow supposed to be the blue collar working-class representative. LOL. He played his audience for fools. He is nothing more than a celeb dancing like a circus monkey to the establishment tune.
Springsteen, Clooney, Stiller, Winfrey, Swift among others endorsing Harris; what do they all have in common?

Multimillionaires/billionaires who have no idea what the average American goes through.

No one should give two what any of these vapid morons have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the state run media.

I'm sure CBS, ABC and NBC are all over the story of the hundreds of Americans stranded in the mountains of North Carolina, they're using horses and donkeys to bring them supplies/rescue them vs helicopters.

But Axelrod is happy, that's less Republicans that can get to the polls and vote; that POS actually said that.

Beyond disgusting.
So very true George. These people aren't fit to run a country as they don't care about the people they are suppose to serve.
Mark

There is an interesting dynamic here in PA where the election could be decided. If you drive into a town, no matter how small, you see mostly Harris signs. Drive just beyond the town lines and there are endless Trump signs. The geographic distance might be only a mile or so. In towns like Gettysburg or Carlisle that have colleges, that difference is even more is pronounced. Nearly every sign in the vicinity of the college is pro Harris. The outskirts are solid Trump.

Today's annoyance - 'the great state of maryland' (notice disprect of uncapitalized letters) is getting ready to elect another crook from Prince George's County to the Senate. I mean, you just can't make this up. For anyone who has ever lived in Maryland - Prince George's County continues to be the center of political indictments and general shenanigans, dare I say worse than Baltimore City. Yet......wait for it..............we are getting ready to elect a middle age person who ..........wait for it...........cheated not once but twice on her property taxes for over a DECADE.................claiming a homestead credit on her home as well as a property that it not a full time home as well as claiming the elderly credit on the property. If I did this, I would be fighting to stay out of jail. This person has done this and it is being swept under the rug. Again, you just cannot make this crap up. I hate the state i live in. It is the armpit of America. My alma mater is much the same. ON that note, 37% of my tax dollars support in state recruitment of Students, while 63% is spent out of State. Reminder it is a public University, the University of Maryland. Sorry 2 things that annoy me.

TD

Today's annoyance - 'the great state of maryland' (notice disprect of uncapitalized letters) is getting ready to elect another crook from Prince George's County to the Senate. I mean, you just can't make this up. For anyone who has ever lived in Maryland - Prince George's County continues to be the center of political indictments and general shenanigans, dare I say worse than Baltimore City. Yet......wait for it..............we are getting ready to elect a middle age person who ..........wait for it...........cheated not once but twice on her property taxes for over a DECADE.................claiming a homestead credit on her home as well as a property that it not a full time home as well as claiming the elderly credit on the property. If I did this, I would be fighting to stay out of jail. This person has done this and it is being swept under the rug. Again, you just cannot make this crap up. I hate the state i live in. It is the armpit of America. My alma mater is much the same. ON that note, 37% of my tax dollars support in state recruitment of Students, while 63% is spent out of State. Reminder it is a public University, the University of Maryland. Sorry 2 things that annoy me.

TD
I moved out of the state in 1974 and would never go back other than visits to friends and family. Unfortunately, as a UM grad, I've come to expect nothing less from the university.

Springsteen, Clooney, Stiller, Winfrey, Swift among others endorsing Harris; what do they all have in common?

Multimillionaires/billionaires who have no idea what the average American goes through.

No one should give two shits what any of these vapid morons have to say.
Great post.

The thought that anyone from either side votes based on some out of touch idiot really sums up why our country is destined for history’s garbage pile.

I know people who vote based on what Ted Nugent says or what Taylor Swift says.

Let’s go with those 2 idiots and just before we go down the toilet together we can finally agree on something, tribalism lost to intelligence.

Great post.

The thought that anyone from either side votes based on some out of touch idiot really sums up why our country is destined for history’s garbage pile.

I know people who vote based on what Ted Nugent says or what Taylor Swift says.

Let’s go with those 2 idiots and just before we go down the toilet together we can finally agree on something, tribalism lost to intelligence.
Saw yesterday that Obama is upset because the "brothers" aren't voting in the most part for Harris.

He wants black men to vote for her not because of what she stands for or her policies......................but because she's black.

Where I'm from, that's referred to as "Identity politics".......................talk about divisive.

I also see where certain media types are complaining that males in general are not voting for her; they are too masculine/not gentle and soft enough, but don't worry, Walz is going out campaigning to fix that.

Is he going with his Elmer Fudd get up to attract hunters or is he working the "I was a defensive coordinator on a high school football team, for me during that time, it was all about inclusion and diversity."

So it had nothing to do with who were the best players, it was all about inclusion and diversity?

As Tom would say, you can't make this stuff up.

No one should give two shits what any of these vapid morons have to say.
I've never understood why so many celebrities feel the need to endorse politicians or why they think their opinion remotely counts?

.......it must be an ego thingy?

The 'de niro' rant was the icing on the cake for me!

I've never understood why so many celebrities feel the need to endorse politicians or why they think their opinion remotely counts?

.......it must be an ego thingy?

The 'de niro' rant was the icing on the cake for me!
Springsteen, Clooney and especially De Niro are all dead to me, I'll never listen to another Springsteen song again or watch a movie with either of those two frauds in it.

All three of them have to move piles of money out of the way to get to the bathroom and they're going to tell me what to do/think?

Yeah; no.

Springsteen, Clooney and especially De Niro are all dead to me, I'll never listen to another Springsteen song again or watch a movie with either of those two frauds in it.

All three of them have to move piles of money out of the way to get to the bathroom and they're going to tell me what to do/think?

Yeah; no.
“All three of them have to move piles of money out of the way to get to the bathroom and they're going to tell me what to do/think?”

This is an absolute best ever!

So now a third attempt on Trump.
Almost makes you think that all these things are connected !

Just a reminder I delete and destroy posts as needed...I'm kinder after a few cups of coffee, but that's not always a guarantee!

Julie

I will shift the direction of this thread in the hopes of staving off deletions.

My refrigerator has become erratic, the $20 part I need to fix the problem is no longer available. Unless I can find it I need to spend anywhere from $1k to $2k for a new fridge.

Sorry, I am now reading that Trump says the money for that part went to illegal immigrants and Harris says those funds went to tax cuts for millionaire Hollywood success stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back