Things that annoy me (3 Viewers)

I will shift the direction of this thread in the hopes of staving off deletions.

My refrigerator has become erratic, the $20 part I need to fix the problem is no longer available. Unless I can find it I need to spend anywhere from $1k to $2k for a new fridge.

Sorry, I am now reading that Trump says the money for that part went to illegal immigrants and Harris says those funds went to tax cuts for millionaire Hollywood success stories.
......when fridge rights are under attack, stand up and fight back..... :LOL::ROFLMAO:🤪

I may have said this before but the never ending onslaught viewers get of completely useless statistics heaped on us between plays. timeouts, TV commercial breaks, more than half of ESPN's reporting- it's all utter nonsense. It's like there is a back room with a bunch of Hobbit's manning some AI database and Fox Sports/ESPN/CBS etc calls out to them to dig up some kind of stat that sounds like it makes a point so they can continue to talk about such and such athlete. I wouldnt be surprised if the following were to take place between Joe Buck and Aikman:

"Today Dak Prescott joins the rarified pantheon of QB's who have completed 67.78585% of their passes after spending 12 minutes and 38 seconds on the toilet at halftime while the wind was blowing at a cool 12mph out of the east. The only QB's to top this afternoon's performance were John Unitas, Terry Bradshaw and surprisingly Kordell Stewart back in 1996. This record setting performance is the first for a Cowboys Quarteback. What do you think Troy?

Gee Joe I remember that game Kordell had- he was on fire- I always tried to limit my time on the can at halftime to under 10 minutes so Irvin could jump in and have enough time to pop a line or two".

It just never ends- the only time I ever use the Mute button on my TV is during live sporting events- especially football- and when I watch rap vidoes.

Pitchers that never throw a strike when the count is 0-2. The hitters know it and just stand there like a statue. I can understand the reasoning that the pitcher hopes the batter chases a bad pitch in that situation but when you throw 100% of those pitches in the dirt or a foot outside the strike zone, it doesn't happen very often.

Localities that conjure up some fake reason for tourists to show up. Jim Thorpe, PA has cornered the market. They have a "Fall Festival" in October where tourists from NJ can show up in October to see the leaves. The hook is a 40-minute train ride in which there is nothing to be seen that you couldn't see from your car or in your own backyard. But there is an absolute mob that comes there. I'm talking tens of thousands on the weekend. The town has no public parking beyond the train station (where they charge to park) and has an absolute choke point in which every narrow street in town converges making it a traffic nightmare.

When you are driving along and a guy comes screaming up to the STOP sign, slams the breaks- clearly in a rush, then tailgates you. Dude, just do us all a favor and blow through the STOP sign and go about your business.
My stop sign pet peeve is when someone stops about 50 feet short of the stop sign and thinks they were there first.

Ordering takeout only to get home and find they got half the order wrong. Happens more and more often.
Ha ha- yeah, my wife brings this on herself- instead of just ordering whats on the menu, she orders it and makes a half dozen changes and then wonders why half of it is wrong. Just stick to the script kid- I'll never forgot one morning we stopped off at the McD in State College when I was on leave visiting her and she places her order "I would like an Egg McMuffin without the egg" confused, the clerk goes "so you want an english muffin with sausage? Yes, that is correct". The girl announces it over the loudspeaker and people in line got a chuckle out of it.

Now everytime she orders it's "blah blah without mustard"- she was told that if you tell McDonald's to hold the mustard they have to make you a fresh patty since they already pre stage their burgers with mustard.

Ordering takeout only to get home and find they got half the order wrong. Happens more and more often.
Yeah hate that, now I usually check before I leave the store, but sometimes I forget :mad:

Another hate is when I get home from the grocery shopping and an item was miss-priced (higher) or there's something missing. However from past experience I now check that it hasn't fallen out of the bag in my car before I phone and abuse them ;)

Ha ha- yeah, my wife brings this on herself- instead of just ordering whats on the menu, she orders it and makes a half dozen changes and then wonders why half of it is wrong. Just stick to the script kid- I'll never forgot one morning we stopped off at the McD in State College when I was on leave visiting her and she places her order "I would like an Egg McMuffin without the egg" confused, the clerk goes "so you want an english muffin with sausage? Yes, that is correct". The girl announces it over the loudspeaker and people in line got a chuckle out of it.

Now everytime she orders it's "blah blah without mustard"- she was told that if you tell McDonald's to hold the mustard they have to make you a fresh patty since they already pre stage their burgers with mustard.
The tough one is when they get your order right but they completely screw up your wife's order. You are hungry and try think up some face saving strategies to start eating but there are none. Even Metternich couldn't salvage that situation.

Yeah hate that, now I usually check before I leave the store, but sometimes I forget :mad:

Another hate is when I get home from the grocery shopping and an item was miss-priced (higher) or there's something missing. However from past experience I now check that it hasn't fallen out of the bag in my car before I phone and abuse them ;)
My Dad who is 85 recently got home from the grocery store where they had charged him nearly $400. He thought that was a bit high and checked his receipt which confirmed they had double charged him for every item. The cashier was new and had screwed up. He lives about 40 miles from the grocery store but he drove back with the receipt and the manager told him he should pay better attention. LOL. Only in America.

The tough one is when they get your order right but they completely screw up your wife's order. You are hungry and try think up some face saving strategies to start eating but there are none. Even Metternich couldn't salvage that situation.

Now that's a tricky situation.

My Dad who is 85 recently got home from the grocery store where they had charged him nearly $400. He thought that was a bit high and checked his receipt which confirmed they had double charged him for every item. The cashier was new and had screwed up. He lives about 40 miles from the grocery store but he drove back with the receipt and the manager told him he should pay better attention. LOL. Only in America.

That's a big pricing error, things aren't much different in Australia, I usually watch the cashier scanning the items, but sometimes I miss something.

I even have problems at the self checkout section, the most recent event was Monday when I scanned a pair of shorts that came up as $20 instead of the price $15 on the sign on the table they were displayed. When I complained to the girl she said some customer must have put them in the wrong section. It's more likely some lazy staff person didn't bother going thru the stack and removing the other items when the prices were adjusted. The upside there was I went back to that table and found an older pair that scanned for only $5, a rare win for the consumer.

I would be calling that Manager's boss and illustrate the lack of attention paid by him. Not sure what Grocery chain this was, but I had a lot of them as clients and I would get to hear the management level stories about individual and region managers. Unreal. Now, I will tell you that I thought the reason they have such unqualified managers was because of the relatively low pay for the job! Speaking of that, if you are familiar with Buccees, the Texas gas station/grocery store, fresh meat smoked, fresh fudge market, etc, they are the other end of the spectrum. Their store manager, the head honcho makes in excess of $250K per year. The food service head honcho makes $200K. There IMO is a reason that a 100 plus pump gas station and the largest convenience store you have ever seen has floors in the bathroom literally so clean you could eat of off them. High wages, people can actually have a career there.

TD

I would be calling that Manager's boss and illustrate the lack of attention paid by him. Not sure what Grocery chain this was, but I had a lot of them as clients and I would get to hear the management level stories about individual and region managers. Unreal. Now, I will tell you that I thought the reason they have such unqualified managers was because of the relatively low pay for the job! Speaking of that, if you are familiar with Buccees, the Texas gas station/grocery store, fresh meat smoked, fresh fudge market, etc, they are the other end of the spectrum. Their store manager, the head honcho makes in excess of $250K per year. The food service head honcho makes $200K. There IMO is a reason that a 100 plus pump gas station and the largest convenience store you have ever seen has floors in the bathroom literally so clean you could eat of off them. High wages, people can actually have a career there.

TD

That's a good salary, the average salary for a store manager (Coles, Woolworths etc) in Australia is about AUD $150K, and a department manager, e.g. Frozen Foods, is around AUD $75K. I don't know how much they are paid in Aussie IGA stores, but they don't deserve any since I recently purchased a bag of lollies that expired in 1923, I thought they tasted a bit off :D Expiry Dates, another thing to check when you shop :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back