Things that annoy me (7 Viewers)

I would be calling that Manager's boss and illustrate the lack of attention paid by him. Not sure what Grocery chain this was, but I had a lot of them as clients and I would get to hear the management level stories about individual and region managers. Unreal. Now, I will tell you that I thought the reason they have such unqualified managers was because of the relatively low pay for the job! Speaking of that, if you are familiar with Buccees, the Texas gas station/grocery store, fresh meat smoked, fresh fudge market, etc, they are the other end of the spectrum. Their store manager, the head honcho makes in excess of $250K per year. The food service head honcho makes $200K. There IMO is a reason that a 100 plus pump gas station and the largest convenience store you have ever seen has floors in the bathroom literally so clean you could eat of off them. High wages, people can actually have a career there.

TD
They did refund his money but tried to make it seem like it was his fault that their employee had overcharged him. At 85, he is supposed to monitor the cashier ringing up every item. LOL. Since COVID, the quality of most service-related industries dependent on lower wage workers has hit rock bottom. Either they don't have enough employees or the ones that they do have are new, poorly trained, and don't last very long. I'm not sure where all the folks who did those jobs before COVID have gone. At first, I thought maybe they decided to take the COVID money and stay home but that has mostly dried up and I don't see an influx of workers.

I'm thinking a lot of the workers will have been folk in their fifties or early sixties, the ones with the years of experience, that companies aren't interested in hiring because of their age and who in turn took a good look at their savings pensions and outgoings and those who coild decided after the pandemic, that they had enough !

What annoys me today - The Menedez Brothers are potentially being released. Look, I understand there may have been abuse in the home BUT the only people who can cooroborate that are dead. It still doesn't excuse murder, how in the heck do you release convicted and admitted murderers (1st degree) who planned it and executed their plan. Our country continues to border on idiocy.

TD

I put this right up with letting a Manson murderer go free on parole last year. No excuse.

What annoys me today - The Menedez Brothers are potentially being released. Look, I understand there may have been abuse in the home BUT the only people who can cooroborate that are dead. It still doesn't excuse murder, how in the heck do you release convicted and admitted murderers (1st degree) who planned it and executed their plan. Our country continues to border on idiocy.

TD

I put this right up with letting a Manson murderer go free on parole last year. No excuse.
Yeah buddy- my wife and I had a long discussion about that after watching one of the Netflix shows- the tolerance and mercy and empathy is starting to take a turn- I get it with the Dad but what about the mother? Which was the point the prosecuter was trying to make with why she went for life in prison.

I have my own take on all this which involves the Alphabet mafia and the deplorable state of our society today that to me is leading the change in attitudes on this case- I told my wife those boys will be free men in 5 years.

Apologizing to Native Americans for Indian boarding schools. You can argue this was a misguided effort but the intent was to educate and house otherwise poor children. Children were not kidnapped from their parents and forced to attend. In many cases, such as Jim Thorpe, the family sought out these schools for their children to make a better life for them. Thorpe later referred to his experience at the Carlisle Indian School as the happiest of his life. I'm sure a lot these kids were homesick being so far from home. It certainly wasn't perfect and there may have been racial motivations relating to this process but the intent - whether misguided or not - was a good one. Some children did die while at these schools. But it wasn't a product of neglect. They had better food, shelter, and medical care in these schools than at home. It was just a reality of the times that some diseases were fatal in the early 1900s. There is no reason for any apology.

And they wonder why there is a lack of confidence in the elections. This is hard to square with the narrative that there is no reason to be concerned about non-citizens voting. How do they reconcile this with the states overseeing the elections? Restoring "residents" who are not citizens to the voting rolls?

"A federal judge on Friday ordered Virginia to halt its removal of potential non-citizens from state voter rolls, a decision expected to restore the voting rights to some 1,600 residents ahead of Election Day."

Earlier this month Britain shut down their last coal fired electric plant. It was not too long ago Britain experienced a calm period with no winds to power the wind turbines. They had to bring coal fired plants out of mothballs to generate enough electricity to avoid blackouts. No longer, all the plants have been permanently disabled. What foresight and planning for emergencies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back