The American Civil War Diaries (1 Viewer)

Bob, superb set up. I can see the whole 1st day unfolding in my mind. The War Between the States hangs in the balance. Bring it on! -- Al

Great array of figures Bob , and great story line ! A picture is definitely worth a thousand words !

Thanks for posting , American Civil War Diaries rock !!!

Kirk

A couple of weekends ago I was standing on the spot depicted by this diorama, and a guide was explaining the exact same facts to me . . . Bob's account of these events is absolutely riveting.

Hi Bob,

As usual, your diodrama is remarkably impressive. The unbeatable combination of the scenery, the placement of the figures within the scene, and your running narrative produces a breathtaking series of moment by moment action oriented photographs. Your work is a treat to behold! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat {bravo}}

Outstanding Bob {bravo}}........can't wait for the next installment :salute::

Cheers

Martyn:)

Rob/Mike/Al/Brad/Kirk/Louis/Pat/Martyn

Many thanks for your kind comments its always a privilege to get feedback from fellow collectors regardless of the eras they collect-Thank you!

However, I must confess there is a typo within the text of the last picture-it should read "Hill's Third Corps" not Second Corps. Now to your goodselves that wont amount to a hill of beans but my two ACW forum colleagues/experts Mike (Mestell) & Chris (Terp) would have my scalp if I didn't correct it as such ^&grin^&grin

Thanks again guys always very much appreciated

Bob

Bob, you have a very fine collection of figures and I find it difficult to tell which are the conversions you have made.

As usual 10/10 for story, photography and dioramic content. ^&cool

Best thread on the forum imho....{bravo}}

Jeff

This is my favorite part of Gettysburg with Sam Elliot, it sends chills up my spine...Very well depicted...I hope to do this scene in the future also. I can only hope it will come out as well. Alex

Another outstanding chapter from your American Civil War Diaries Reb providinng us with life like photos depicting the events that took place in it. Thanks again Bob for sharing this chapter along with the others you've provided us with in the past........Joe

Bob, wonderful mix of figs, including Oryon and FL. Notice a couple of customized pieces with the guidons. Very nice setting with your usual master piece scenery. Like the storyline very much. Chris

Bob, just catching up with this thread . . . another great display of photos coupled with a great story line. I'll overlook the typo and allow you to keep your scalp :wink2: . . .
:smile2: Mike

I see one of Bob's pics is on the opening page of TF website. Well done sir! Chris

Gettysburg-4.00PM The Second Day

Hood's four brigades were now positioned on Maj Gen. Lafayette McClaw's right. The Texas Brigade overlapped the Emmitsburg Road as they formed into battle line on the far right of the Confederate line.

DSC00118-2.jpg

First Corps commander Lt. General James Longstreet momentarily joined Maj Gen. John Bell Hood-Longstreet asked
"How are your Texan boys doing?"
"I marched them all night" said Hood
"Took a two hour break from two A.M. to four, then marched them again to get here. The're tired but they'll fight"

DSC00072-1.jpg

Hood continued
"General, I need to ask you again to allow me to send a brigade around those rocky heights. My scouts tell me there's nothing there but federal wagons. Pete, we could hit them in the rear and take 'em"
Longstreet sighed
"Sam, I been telling General Lee that same damm thing all day long-Move to the right. But his bloods up and his dead set on a flanking attack passing in front of that rocky hill. He's adamant that such an attack will roll up their whole line and we must obey his orders"

DSC000772.jpg

Hood remained silent then said
"Pete, I hope to hell the old man's right" He then added
"Sir, with your permission I'll join ma boys"

DSC00090.jpg

"Go to it Sam and take care of yourself"
As Longstreet watched the best darn fighting general in the whole Confederate army ride off he muttered to himself
"I hope the old man's right too"

DSC00028-6.jpg

I think it's fair to state that very few of the recent Kings X collector figures of John Bell Hood (that I have shown in the above episode) will find there way over to this side of the pond. Subsequently, I would like to personally thank Wayne (PanzerAce1944) for supplying me with a spare figure of Hood that he obtained when he attended the Texas show. Without any prompting or requesting from me he wrote asking if I wanted said figure and shipped it to me within a week. Wayne you're an absolute gentleman and I thank you sincerely for very kind gesture-I owe you!

Bob (UKReb)

beautiful pics and story Bob...Wayne was really nice to get you that figure...love your photography...and as always...your ground work is spectacular...

A new chapter, and a very good one. The Longstreet and Hood figures are outstanding sculpts. The troops moving into position look great, as well. And Lee should have moved to the right. -- Al

Bob,

I can't express how much I enjoy your story telling dioramas and how they bring the real historical events to life!!! To me it's almost like watching a stop-action documentary unfold before my eyes.

Your scenes are beautiful..........the positions of each figure...........the layout.....backgrounds--everything is simply outstanding!! I learn so much from you regarding the ACW and dio making.

Thanks for all you do for us here on Treefrog!

Mark

UKReb, Bob Again it was my pleasure. Glad to see you put general Hood to very good use. Your pictures including him look superb as I knew they would ! {bravo}}

Cool stuff, building a story around Miniature Military Replicas is an enjoyable process. Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back